One more reason for ESPN to have a national week of silence.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One more reason for ESPN to have a national week of silence..

I'm surprised that the NFL network doesn't get to cover the draft. Rich Eisen and co. do a pretty good job. Mike Mayock (sp?) could be Mel Kiper.

mf52dolphin said:
Actually on that bit of anaylsis, I am in agreement with. Ronnie Brown does not make me go wow. Also he was not Auburn's main tailback(Cadillac Williams was) so in effect the statement was correct. Also I did not remember seeing any game that Brown dominated.

Well than you didnt see the 2003 season where he started EVERY game because Caddy was out. And in those games, Brown dominated like no other.

heffer111 said:
"usually with the second pick in the draft, you get a guy where you say "wow", but ronnie brown didnt even START last year"

gotta love their analysts!

Don't worry guys I've heard at least 3 analysts say that Ronnie Brown was the best offensive player in the draft. I'm not worried at all he has all the tools to be a great RB.

phinfan2003 said:
I'm surprised that the NFL network doesn't get to cover the draft. Rich Eisen and co. do a pretty good job. Mike Mayock (sp?) could be Mel Kiper.

Mike May**** is one of the analysts I've heard say Brown was the best offensive player in this draft.

finz99 said:
And whats with NFL Network. They give love to Crennell on his first draft as a head coach, but say aboslutely nothing about Saban. They didnt even have the Dolphins as one of the best drafts. WHAT THE HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK!
i just have to wonder with saban locking out the media ,if this has any thing to do with the way we were covered? whats your thought

phinfan2003 said:

Maybe because it is a premium channel and not basic cable.

Va.fin fan said:
i just have to wonder with saban locking out the media ,if this has any thing to do with the way we were covered? whats your thought

I could definitly see that. I wouldnt be suprised if the media hates the Dolphins because of it.

finz99 said:
Well than you didnt see the 2003 season where he started EVERY game because Caddy was out. And in those games, Brown dominated like no other.

Well what few Auburn games I did see in 2003, Auburn got shut down in those games. In fact my primary memory of Auburn's 2003 season was of them getting shut out by USC. A game where Brown, Cadillac, and the other guy who transferred all were shut down totally by Shawn Cody, Mike Patterson, Lofi Tatufu, Matt Grootedgurt, Will Poole, and the rest of the USC defense.

Coach Saban said that when he played Auburn Ronnie Brown consistantly put half of his defense in the training room!!! That is sure as h*!! the kind of player I want at TB!!!

You people are insane

I love ESPN. I may be dating myself but I still remember watching the 10 minutes of sports on the local news. The only time I ever saw the phins were on the MNF halftime show.

2 freakin days of coverage of the draft!!!! give me a break we are spoiled

Going back to my rockin chair now.

Texphinphan

p.s. re: ESPN bias, go to any fan site and they think ESPN is biased against their team. D@mn conspiracy I tell you

TexPhinPhan said:
I love ESPN. I may be dating myself but I still remember watching the 10 minutes of sports on the local news. The only time I ever saw the phins were on the MNF halftime show.

Texphinphan

p.s. re: ESPN bias, go to any fan site and they think ESPN is biased against their team. D@mn conspiracy I tell you
bro i agree you dont become a sports media giant because you suck, they have revolutionized the way sports are covered. and being a sports junkie i appreciate espn.

mf52dolphin said:
Also I did not remember seeing any game that Brown dominated.

Ask Saban and those LSU players, that spent the following week after they played Auburn game in the hot tub, whether Brown was dominating or not...

Bopkin02 said:
I hate ESPN. Not because I think they bash the Dolphins or anything, though I do think they are bias towards certain teams. I think their draft coverage actually kind of sucks. Personally, I think the emphasis on the coverage should be on the players being drafted. Their Day 2 coverage bounces all over the place, some rounds they have the running ticker, others don't; sometimes you have to wait for a recap of the past 5/10 picks to see who went, because they don't always announce them right away, especially after a commercial. I understand they're probably trying to appeal to a mass audience and that most people probably like it, but for me personally, it bothers me.
And I wish Chris Berman would retire.

Chris Berman and Dan Patrick!!!.... I met Berman once .... that DUDE HAS THE BIGGEST HEAD I'VE EVER SEEN....it's as big as a horse!!!

Fins2theend said:
ESPN has their collective heads lodged three feet UP THE PATSIES BILLY BELLY'S @ZZ!!!

Rack em! :roflmao:

TexPhinPhan said:

Texphinphan

Dude, you get Ronnie Brown after him being touted as the best RB in this draft by Golic and others and then we end up with MATT ROTH at 46 and not a peep, they didnt even talk about Miami's draft at all. they talked more about the fins draft years ago when we were pickin in the 2nd round as our first pick! ESPN is obviously biased, but beyond that, repetitive in every sense of the word and not giving anyting at all that is educational. Kiper is the only one worth listening to when it comes to day 2 and he gets drowned out by Mortensen and what the hell is Tory Holt doing on?????

Back
Top Bottom