One More Rivers Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One More Rivers Thread

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
I know they've said they're not going QB in 1st round blah blah blah. BUT, does anyone here honestly think they'll pass on Rivers if he falls to #20? And there's a good chance he will, simply because the teams in front of have greater needs than QB. Pittsburgh loves the guy, But they have Huge needs at RB and CB. That's were I expect them to go in the rounds 1 and 2.

So, If we only have 1 pick in round 1. #20. There it is.. Rivers is setting there waiting... what will they/should they do?

They should draft Rivers. They'll proabably draft a LB :D

But, I think that Rivers will fall to us, but I would be p!ssed if he falls past us. Rivers will definitely be off the board by #21.

Hopefulyy we picked him at 20

I definately think we should draft Rivers. It would be the perfect scenario in my opinion, upgrade the QB position for the short run (Feeley) and plan for the future with Rivers or Henson. This would especially be true IF we have the two first rounders.

from what everyone on the board seems to think....Mimai will draft a WR at #20.
Going into the season with Feeley/Sage at QB really doesnt sit to well with me. I say bring in Rivers or yes, even Henson. Let them learn the system and bring em in.
I know the draft is stacked with stud WRs but its also loaded with stud QBs. Do not pass up on one of them this year.

I think we would draft OL over WR in round 1

Especially with the rebuilding of the interior of the Oline. This makes Vernon Carey an ideal selection. At the end of the day he won't slide into round 2, because he is the third best lineman in the draft

Of course they will pass on Rivers if hes there at 20. You don't spend $18 million and a 2nd rounder on a 26 year old QB and then undermine him 2 months later and draft a QB in R1, especially as we have so many holes elsewhere.

AJ Feeley might not be the sexy name that a lot pf people wanted, but he is a decent QB, with Pro Bowl potential. There is no way on earth that Miami drafts Philip Rivers. None.

I understand we now have Feeley, however unhappy some of us are. I think we need to draft a QB now and groom him for the future. Especially a guy like Rivers...

p.s. By the way, to all you MotherF*ckers out there who wanna complain to the FCC and Gov't about whats on TV or the radio go F*ck yourself!!! Turn off the goddamn TV or Radio if you dont like it.
Please everyone, make your voice heard that we dont wanna be controlled. I ask everyone here, Why are we in Iraq? To give those people freedom correct......Than goddamn it why is our very own Gov't trying to control what we do!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Not sure about the political diatribe, but I can't understand why you would think that we would draft a QB when we have one of the worst WR corps in the league and an OL that has been gutted. Feeley IS the future whether you like it or not.

Feeley was brought in so if Rivers was there at 20, the Fins wouldn't have to make a decision on him. They've secured their QB. They'll go WR w/ the 20th.

I would rather see them take a OL. Our Oline was OBVIOUSLY the weakest link on the team. That being said if we have another choice in the 1st... Rivers would be a real inticing backup plan to Feeley... that way if Feeley plays great we have a great backup/trade bait. If not we already have a viable solution...

They still need to bring in another QB. Rosenfels agent said they told him Sage will be the #2 QB... meaning they are planning to bring in a worthless FA or draft a QB. If they have 2 1st.. one will be a QB.. and all this talk about how much Feely is getting is rediculous... It is not very much money for a Starting QB. Depending on how it is structured it may be a little bit high for a backup.. but it is low for a starter. I would imagine it is incentive based and very heavily backloaded... leaving miami the option to keep him if he is playing well or puting in our newly drafted qb in a couple years with out losing much money on him. I really don't believe they are putting all their stock in him. If the do keep fielder at a reduced price.. i dont see them signing rosenfels... either way they are drafting a QB very high this year.

thank you... the feeley contract is very favorable to us. It's going to be cap friendly, it has 3 option years meaning we can terminate early if the experiment fails. I think he'll be something like the 24th highest paid starting QB right now. something stupid like that, definitely near the bottom end, right where he should be. the contract is fine. I do however wish we could have gotten him for a 3rd rounder, but i'll withhold from totally scrutinizing that until i hear all the details. The trade, the contract, who else was interested, and of course...seeing how he performs.

I would probably go wr in the first. With two #1s I go wr/qb. OL is very unlikely b/c no T will be available and you don't draft G in the first. DT is more likely than OL.

I would love it if we drafted D.J. Williams we could always us more youth at linebacker

Originally posted by GreenFin
Feeley was brought in so if Rivers was there at 20, the Fins wouldn't have to make a decision on him. They've secured their QB. They'll go WR w/ the 20th.

Your right about a WR at #20! But hell no are we secured at QB!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom