One of these wishes will come true....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of these wishes will come true.......

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
**WITH THE 20TH PICK IN THE 2004 NFL DRAFT MIAMI PICKS.....**

1. SHAWN ANDREWS......if available

2. JUSTIN SMILEY.....if andrews is gone

3. LEE EVANS.....if FO passes on o-line

4. MICHAEL CLAYTON....if evans is gone

(2) Some say smiley is a reach at 20, but is he??? He is pretty much as solid as a lineman u can get.

boston...I could be real happy with any of those picks..but I'm beginning to think that only Smiley and Clayton will be available to us...(but I'd take Smiley over Andrews right now).

i dont think andrews will be there at 20. i would be surprised if he was.

TheBostonBomber said:
**WITH THE 20TH PICK IN THE 2004 NFL DRAFT MIAMI PICKS.....**

1. SHAWN ANDREWS......if available

2. JUSTIN SMILEY.....if andrews is gone

3. LEE EVANS.....if FO passes on o-line

4. MICHAEL CLAYTON....if evans is gone

(2) Some say smiley is a reach at 20, but is he??? He is pretty much as solid as a lineman u can get.

You're really going out on a limb here huh?

If Evans and Andrews are gone, I'd TRY to trade back 4-6 spots and grab Smiley. Trading back to the early 2nd could be dangerous if he's the target. Guards DO tend to slip on draft day, though. Look at Eric Steinbach last year. If he was in this draft he'd be a top 15 pick.

It sounds like Clayton has passed Evans on a lot of draft boards, ours included.

I think we'll be moving down if Andrews is gone. We might move down anyway, for that matter. That would put a whole different set of guys in play: Vern Carey, Darnell Dockett, Randy Starks, Rashaun Woods, Mike Jenkins, Jacob Rogers...the FO might even be figuring on Smiley being there if they move down.

I would love for us to move down and still be in a position to draft smiley. Then with the second we could get de,dt,lb,wr

Back
Top Bottom