One Play Made The Difference ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Play Made The Difference ...

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
The holding on McMichael. Whether it was legit or not, the fact is, it changed the game.

Almost certainly we would have scored a TD. We would have been up 21-6 and the Texans confidence would have been deflated. We likely would not have given up that 78 yarder - as we would have been more wary of the pass.

Even with that one run, Ricky's stats would have been 18 carries, 117 yards. Not bad against a solid 3-4 D in the first game of the year with very little pre-season work.

Of course, in most games, that's what it comes down to. What bothers me is that players think they did "okay" if they played well for 90-95% of the downs. But, in this league, you have to strive for perfection and never be satisfied. Consider Fiedler's comment on the crucial INT, "It was just a little off." Well, Jay, it doesn't matter - a little or a lot, it was an INTERCEPTION! That's the deal! You can't afford those in that situation - regardless of how "close" you were.

When will this team strive for perfection? That's one thing I liked about Shula. For all his faults in player personnel - he always sought the perfect game, every game and expected his players to do the same. This coach needs to seek perfection in himself and his players.

Well..I dont agree that the Texans would have deflated. We have been in worse situations than that last year and kept going hard into the final seconds. Ive never seen the Texans give up once.

BTW..some Texans fans are saying that the game should have been a blow out and Chambers should have been called out of bounds on that first TD :).. so it goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom