One team agrees to trade parameters for Henson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One team agrees to trade parameters for Henson

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2407324

But this is just the beginning of the process. Several teams have expressed interest in the 24-year-old quarterback, whom the Texans took in the sixth round of last year's draft with the intent of trading him. Casserly and Tom Condon, Henson's agent, will meet with several teams this week at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, and some of those teams are expected to accept the Texans' trade parameters as well.

Wow. One team already agreed to the Texans' demands. I wonder who it is.

The article insinuates that a DB could be involved in the package. Sam Madison? I would say doubtul...the cost of trading him would be tremendous. Not only would we lose a starting CB but if one article was correct we would lose money on the salary cap...the article said that Sam's base salary this year is 6mil but if we cut/trade him before June, we take an $8 million cap hit. Thats a heck of a lot more than I previously thought we would.

In all likelihood we find out which team this is very soon because they'll start making plans to have him come in for a workout soon.

My money's on the Bills.

Rumor control has the Bills offering Ruben Brown and 2005 3rd rd pick and the Texans interested. Texans can address secondary in FA and the draft.

If Madison were traded, it should result in net cap savings for 2004, but yes, the "dead cap" would be similiar to that of Darryl Gardener

Wait, so there WOULD be a cap savings?

Thats interesting. If thats the case I could see Wannstedt and Spielman pulling a "Gardner" with the malcontent Madison especially if he resists these restructuring/renegotiation attempts to lower his cap figure.

I find that whole Ruben Brown rumor to be ridiculous to tell you the truth. He quit on the team. I hear he refused to play in the final game. If thats the case, he should be gone pretty much no matter what from the Bills this offseason.

My money's still on the Bills for being the team that agreed because they appear to be the most interested team, but I seriously doubt its Ruben and a 3rd.

Watch it be like, the Chiefs.

I hope it is the Bills cus i heard Jim Brinson in Buffalo radio (that reaches rochester) say that he wants River bad at their pick.:mad: i would think about shooting donohoe at that point.

I could live with Bledsoe/Van Pelt/Henson for 2004. Early reports are that the Bills OL played poorly due to "poor technique". If true, then one of the best OL coaches in history should be able to help them rebound plus get reinforcements from FA/draft.

I suspect Rivers' stock is going up. Some mocks have him going to the Steelers at #11. I bet he doesn't make it to #20 and that will force the Fins to trade up or go in another direction

Judging by the Bill's drafting technique. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded for Henson drafted Rivers and told everyone how they can use two qbs somehow and that Bledsoe still has the faith of the team.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Wow. One team already agreed to the Texans' demands. I wonder who it is.

The article insinuates that a DB could be involved in the package. Sam Madison? I would say doubtul...the cost of trading him would be tremendous. Not only would we lose a starting CB but if one article was correct we would lose money on the salary cap...the article said that Sam's base salary this year is 6mil but if we cut/trade him before June, we take an $8 million cap hit. Thats a heck of a lot more than I previously thought we would.

In all likelihood we find out which team this is very soon because they'll start making plans to have him come in for a workout soon.

My money's on the Bills.

The S-S said it was not the Fins.

Originally posted by finfan54
I hope it is the Bills cus i heard Jim Brinson in Buffalo radio (that reaches rochester) say that he wants River bad at their pick.:mad: i would think about shooting donohoe at that point.

Im sorry but I cant beleive Buffalo will go with a "backup" player in the first round again. :lol:

Have to look at the Chiefs, Packers and Bills to see if they have CBs that be available to trade for Henson...

My take is that Miami should do what ever it needs to get Henson, if nothing can be done for Ramsey. Rivers might not be there at # 20 but Losman would be there...

Nerve racking ain't it???

Why would the Texans want Ruben Brown? The man should just retire..He's a penalty magnet, and flat out hasnt been Pro Bowl worthy for a few years now.

Originally posted by Disnardo
Have to look at the Chiefs, Packers and Bills to see if they have CBs that be available to trade for Henson...

My take is that Miami should do what ever it needs to get Henson, if nothing can be done for Ramsey. Rivers might not be there at # 20 but Losman would be there...

Nerve racking ain't it???

Bills have two decent CBs that tackle well but have stone hands. One of which is UFA this year so a CB trade would be tough for Buff

Back
Top Bottom