One Team : Jacksonville Jaguars | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Team : Jacksonville Jaguars

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'd like to take this team, and use them as a comparison.....

Jacksonville NFL Rankings
==================

Offense - 14th

Defense - 5th

Miami NFL Rankings
==============

Offense - 28th

Defense - 11th

This is very depressing. Wasn't Jacksonville expected to be in a major re-building phase this year??? Didn't they just add a rookie HC {JDR}, and add a rookie QB {BL}??.....

How is it that a first year HC, with the huge task ahead of him like re-building the Jaguars, end up being more productive on both offense and defense than Miami in his first season???...

He didn't inherit a winner, but it would appear that he's building one very quickly. While he's doing that in Jacksonville this year{where a few years was the original plan}, here we are in Miami three years into the Dave and Norv debacle, and nothing has changed...:cry:

That's enough to make me sick.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'd like to take this team, and use them as a comparison.....

Jacksonville NFL Rankings
==================

Offense - 14th

Defense - 5th

Miami NFL Rankings
==============

Offense - 28th

Defense - 11th

This is very depressing. Wasn't Jacksonville expected to be in a major re-building phase this year??? Didn't they just add a rookie HC {JDR}, and add a rookie QB {BL}??.....

How is it that a first year HC, with the huge task ahead of him like re-building the Jaguars, end up being more productive on both offense and defense than Miami in his first season???...

He didn't inherit a winner, but it would appear that he's building one very quickly. While he's doing that in Jacksonville this year{where a few years was the original plan}, here we are in Miami three years into the Dave and Norv debacle, and nothing has changed...:cry:

That's enough to make me sick.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Actually Jax is not a bad team, the record says different....

Norv's Offense has been pathetic and the play calling is worse. All he has to do is throw down field once in a while and good things can happen. i.e. Dallas game...

I think your comparing apples to oranges between these two teams, Jax has alot o talent.

Originally posted by Section126
Didn't we beat the Jacksonville Jagoffs?

Thanks to the defense, and a couple of rookie mistakes.....:D

I was at the game. It was much closer than the score. The Jags actually outplayed us IMO. We got a lucky break in that game more than once, and as a result, we held on for the win....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Let's stick to the point shall we....

The Jaguars, a team that is certainly in a rebuilding mode right now, is ranked higher than us on offense and defense....

Now, how can that be???....

The Jags defense is solid. It wasn't all that solid last year, but they added a couple of vets in off-season to help it out. It's now ranked #5.....

We on the other hand, with our 8 PB's to boast about, are ranked 11th. Hmmm......I wonder how much the Jags invest in their defense every year???

On offense, the Jags could hardly do anything at the beginning of the season. They then replace QB M. Brunell with rookie B. Leftwich, and all of a sudden they're moving the ball very well. They are now ranked 14th.

We all know RB F. Taylor is good when he's not on the bench nursing. He's no Ricky though!!!

We all knew that rookie QB B. Leftwich was going to be experiencing plenty of growing pains, but it seems as if Phinz QB J. Fielder is the one with all the pain these days.....:lol: :lol:

The Jags have a losing record, yet they still rank higher than we are on both sides of the ball....That's sad.:cry:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Can't anyone else comment further on this topic???....

I think it's a good point. I personally never would have expect the Jags to be ranked higher on offense then we are after last season....

I'm just shocked that we are really that bad!!!.....

This will be the last time I bump this, so please, someone help me with this. Am I missing something???....How is this possible???....

PHINZ RULE!!!

They are definatly playing better than we are right now. I guess will see for sure when they play the Patriots in Foxboro Sunday.

Can we seriously compare the two teams? Some win, and others don't. Stats don't matter till you win. The Dolphins win; The Jags don't. Wheter or not Miami wins the big games is up in the air. :mad:

BLITAZ ... I answered you on this question in another thread, but I'll say it again. It's not surprising for teams with losing records to have decent offensive stats, as they are more often than not in full-out comeback mode against defenses that are playing soft so as not to give up the big play. This pads the stats, and therefore, the rankings.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
They are definatly playing better than we are right now. I guess will see for sure when they play the Patriots in Foxboro Sunday.

I'd rather see the Pats go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs. That way their fans will fall harder.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Who cares about rankings? Records are what matters.

They are 4-9 and we are 8-5.

Excatly what I was gonna say....dont let these stats fool ya....Strenght of schedule also matters ALOT.

Back
Top Bottom