One thing that scares me about Saban... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One thing that scares me about Saban...

byroan said:
We're not trying to be New England. People just compare the two. If we were New England we would have taken a lineman in the second round that would last until the 7th. :lol:

Then he would go on to have 3 sacks in the AFC championship and the following week a reciever drafted in the 6th would be the SB MVP.

Funny how it works up there.

FrankP said:
I don't know if this as been discusses in these forums yet, but there is one thing I am scared about this new 'regime' in Miami.

I am of the strong belief that you win 'your own way' and attempting to 'copy' or 'emulate' another way is very rarely a good solution.

I dont want you to feel this is a bashing post, so please don't take it that way. You say you are of a strong belief that you "win 'your own way' and attempting to 'copy' or 'emulate' another way is very rarely a good solution"....

What are you basing that strong belief on? Coaching experience? Playing experience? If its just a gut feeling, then cast it off as a needless fear. The NFL has been a copy-cat league for years. The relationship between Saban and BB in NE is a close friendship. They are friends that have alot in common in there experience in terms of how to win. How to build, etc.....Don't let a gut feeling put you in a situation where you don't enjoy whats going on in Miami. Saban has a plan and its proven to work in other places. It's worth copying IMO...

I don't think that Saban said that he was copying NE...but it is writers who say that he's doing that...he's similar to Bellichick, but I think he follows his own drum.

This is unlike Wanny, who was obsessed in copying Baltimore in that he wanted all defense and sorry offense as a means to winning the Super Bowl. He did that while ignoring the fact that (1) our D wasn't as good as Baltimore's and (2) what Baltimore did was a rare feat. Most SB winning teams have an offense that can put up some points (yes they also have good D's).

Case in point is that Saban is showing that he's creative and disciplined while Wanny stuck to his unproductive plan for too long and had a bad habit of panicking in game situations and with personnel moves (over reaching, over paying, etc).

FrankP said:
I am of the strong belief that you win 'your own way' and attempting to 'copy' or 'emulate' another way is very rarely a good solution.

seems to me so far its been nicks way or the highway

Back
Top Bottom