One thing to consider on Ogunleye... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One thing to consider on Ogunleye...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
We're in a division full of QBs that you need to passrush in order to stop them.

Chad Pennington, Tom Brady, even Drew Bledsoe these guys will sit back there all day and pick you apart. They aren't running offenses (buffalo's not there yet but they hope to be).

I dunno it was just somethin I was thinkin about today. Even if you discount Bledsoe currently the Bills are all about getting either Henson or Rivers and those would be dangerous QBs too IMO.

Also something I hear...the Jets might be trying to unload John Abraham. He's been injury prone and has gotten in trouble with the law up there.

Well either way we win. We get 1st/3rd rounders or a package the FO can live with or we get Ogun back for a year and hope he has another great season and we can package him in trade next year. I just don't see a lose situation.

Keeping him another year means he becomes an unrestricted free agent next year.

I think you missed the point. If passrush is a premium in our division, having two premier rushers would really help.

The way the playoffs are structured with 4 divisions, winning your division is at a premium. We missed the playoffs because of the way its set up.

The only way we should let the Prince go is if we know we have someone to replace him who gives us the same play. Do we?
So far I don,t see him on this team!

ive heard that the team is real die hard on this rookie otis grisby and the chances david bowens will be back and healthy this year... remember guys that we will be running twice as many blitz packages with seau and zach and they'll be alternating the lineman in an out so losing ogunleye yes will suck for us fans but the team doesnt need him they are already stacked so its a win win for them

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Not really. Franchise then sign and trade.

If they could afford to keep this guy then they would but there is a high need to upgrade the offense and there are already big money guys on defense. So the matter of wanting 2 DE's is moot. I want a franchise QB but this team can't afford that either.

I think it's also interesting to note how New England and New York's offenses rely on short drops and quick passing. So either you believe that it wouldn't make much difference.....or that getting to the quarterback is at a premium

Also this defense hasn't gotten the job done down the stretch so they need to build the offense to get it over the hump or just rebuild.

They really on short drops sometimes, but not all the time because they throw the ball a lot more than they run. Hackett's offense, the run comes from the ability to pass. And Brady, heck in 2001 Brady threw tons of passes and this season he did too. If the offense was working, which it was, it wasn't all short drops.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I think you missed the point. If passrush is a premium in our division, having two premier rushers would really help.

The way the playoffs are structured with 4 divisions, winning your division is at a premium. We missed the playoffs because of the way its set up.

Not if you make him a deal towards the end of the season or right after. we could be in a much better position next year cap wise. madison?

Originally posted by REAL DEAL
The only way we should let the Prince go is if we know we have someone to replace him who gives us the same play. Do we?
So far I don,t see him on this team!

This is amusing....

For months certain Dolphin fans that surf here have complained that the f-o needs to focus the payroll on the offensive side of the ball.... :confused: How in the hell can this be accomplished by signing O Gunn to a average salary tender for his D-E position ?? AND KEEP HIM ??

:shakeno:

You cannot have it both ways....

Marino1983

i wish we could keep wally too but i don t know if we can and upgrade our offense too...if letting wally go means being able to throw the ball downfield and ricky running through big holes because we have a good o line in place ...i m for that...besides our d looked tired at times last year because the offense did nothing ...how many times would d make big play and we would get ball in awesome field position and the o would do nothing...its frustrating for defensive players....we need to make every turnover hurt on offense......

Im hearing some logic in this last post brogs! You hit the nail on the head,no matter how good our D was they were tired b/c offense not producing so whats the say if we build the offense and cut a couple of Def guys we will be worse off on Def. I believe Freeman will be great next year at FS and Grigsby,D.Bowens or whoever will take the slack at DE.Lets get some threat on O

I agree, we improve the defense by upgrading the offense therefore you achieve balance, Ricky and the offense stay on the field longer controlling the clock AND scoring TDs, the defense is rested and doesn't fold during games and at the end of the season or playoffs.

Why didnt Dave see this is beyond me so lets see if Spiel makes dave a better coach.There maybe a little leprecaun at the end of the rainbow but if not Wanny is freakin' gone!

Back
Top Bottom