One word for everyone.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One word for everyone....

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
PRESEASON :cool:

First, we've always been pretty bad in the preseason to begin with. Secondly, they aren't gonna show the entire world the new playbook on both sides of the ball until the regular season starts.

Sure it would have been nice for us to of won. But there weren't any injuries... and thats the main thing.

So everyone calm down and remember that this is simply the preseason.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this game or any other game this preseason.

Anyways - GO FINS!

I just went back and watched the first unit again, and damn if the Bucs didn't blitz on every play.

Smith held up fairly well, and believe it or not, Todd Wade gets my goat of the game award. he was not firing off the ball on running plays, and it was his man who got to Ricky on two runs.

Like AJ just said, it is pre-season, and I think these guys care, but not to the point where they will risk injury by going all out.

The Bucs were coming with a blitz on every defensive play, and the fact that we didn't have any sacks, and Jay went like 5-7 and Lucas went 11-15 or 16 with no INT's says something.

No Ricky didn't get any nice runs in, but when they stack the line, and blitz on almost every play, what do we expect.

What I expect is to see Detriot stack the line, and Chambers, Gadsden, Ward, McKnight, Konrad, and McMichael/Weaver are going to have to get some yards to losen up the D.

Ricky will then have some holes to run through. Fiedler could have had a real nice deep TD to Chambers had he not OVERTHREW(that is in Caps for KB and his crew who says Jay doesn't have an arm) him. But Jay will get caught up with the WR's with a touch more real live practice.

Overall I feel good about the game, as I expected worse, and hoped for better, so I guess that makes them right on schedule.

One good thing is, Smith and Dixon still have a few weeks of actual playing time to get back into a better shape.

I guess we will all have to just listen to the game on Thursday huh?

later

couldnt agree with you guys more...its the 1st preseason game...as long as nobody gets hurt...plus we dont have a starting offensive line yet...we need to have our starters play together once we have them in place...

Zach said it the best.....there were things they weren't going to show...... at least not tonight.

i don't think you could evaluate a team on one nights performance.i saw some good catches though! hope travis doesn't pull a lamar too many more times!

I don't think we can sugarcoat the O-LINE!! They were very POOR tonight! I know what I saw! They didn't do anything to WARRANT optimism!! I am truly concerned! I know it's the 1st preseason game and all that jazz but WANNY saying they played well is a TRUE SUGARCOAT!!!

THEY BLITZED EVERY TIME!! What do you expect from an O-line in the first preseason game against Tampa?.....they have an awesome defense, they blitzed every time and we still moved the ball with no sacks. We would have scored two more TDs if it hadn't been for miscues elsewhere....the O-line did alright considering the circumstances....you're using way too many exclamation points for a preseason opener.

They were blitzalcholics

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
I just went back and watched the first unit again, and damn if the Bucs didn't blitz on every play.

Smith held up fairly well, and believe it or not, Todd Wade gets my goat of the game award. he was not firing off the ball on running plays, and it was his man who got to Ricky on two runs.

Like AJ just said, it is pre-season, and I think these guys care, but not to the point where they will risk injury by going all out.

The Bucs were coming with a blitz on every defensive play, and the fact that we didn't have any sacks, and Jay went like 5-7 and Lucas went 11-15 or 16 with no INT's says something.

No Ricky didn't get any nice runs in, but when they stack the line, and blitz on almost every play, what do we expect.

What I expect is to see Detriot stack the line, and Chambers, Gadsden, Ward, McKnight, Konrad, and McMichael/Weaver are going to have to get some yards to losen up the D.

Ricky will then have some holes to run through. Fiedler could have had a real nice deep TD to Chambers had he not OVERTHREW(that is in Caps for KB and his crew who says Jay doesn't have an arm) him. But Jay will get caught up with the WR's with a touch more real live practice.

Overall I feel good about the game, as I expected worse, and hoped for better, so I guess that makes them right on schedule.

One good thing is, Smith and Dixon still have a few weeks of actual playing time to get back into a better shape.

I guess we will all have to just listen to the game on Thursday huh?

later

Thats right, theY blitzed like crazy. I think it was a little payback from last years preseason game when we threw the kitchen sink at them on defence.

the OL did not run block well, but did pass protect real well :) as opposed to TB's OL which must have given Rob J some bad flashbacks to being knocked out of 11 of his 27 games w/the Bills. :eek:

In Wade's defense, he played much longer than the rest of the starting OL so maybe he was taking it easy - though that is a kinda lame excuse when Jay and Ricky were in there.

Shockingly there were no real injuries only 1 minor 1 for TB:

Buccaneers | One Injury - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
0:29 PT: Buccaneers.com reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers S David Gibson (lacerated jaw) was injured during Monday's game, but he was able to return to action.

Very true about throwing the ball against the blitz and stacked line. That's EXACTLY what Norv will do. He will throw the ball in the first half. Then he'll bludgeon them with the running game when they loosen up.

Back
Top Bottom