only 49r i would like is t.o | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

only 49r i would like is t.o

Va.fin fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i know right now alot of folks are screaming for a wr in the draft, and we sure need one. and if he became avaible i would grab him quick. yeah the first thing some people will say he has a bad attitude, sure he might be a butthole, who cares he produces. he's been a top 3 wr in the nfl the last 5 yr's. the draft you dont know what your gonna get, with To you know what you got. this team and many others made the same mistake with randy moss, ask marino if he would have liked to have moss to throw to the last 3yr's of his career. people love to spew out what the media harps on, please remember the stories they harp on and blow way out of proportion is how they sell papers and their shows. they need somthing to run on and on about. the 2nd thing will be we cant afford him, well forget this dream of manning in the draft you think he's gonna be cheap? we can make room for to, get rid of mcnight, thompson, if madison stays he will have to rework his contract, point being if we want him we can make room. 3rd thing is we dont have a qb who can pass it to him, well that might be true but the fins haven't had good set of wr's in 6or 7 yrs we had marino but with lame wr's he looked average to.

Some good points in there VA...I like how you look at it.

He can stick his Sharpie in Armando's eye at Miami Intl when he lands however ;)

if we could afford him Miami would be a perfect fit for Terrell Owens.
Brunell or Johnson. An don't forget who threw them balls to him the last couple of years Garcia not the best but all around better that Fiedler I dont care what anyone else says I have seen miami games and I have seen San Fran games Garcia is just more impressive.

Originally posted by Noland
if we could afford him Miami would be a perfect fit for Terrell Owens.
Brunell or Johnson. An don't forget who threw them balls to him the last couple of years Garcia not the best but all around better that Fiedler I dont care what anyone else says I have seen miami games and I have seen San Fran games Garcia is just more impressive.

Again..I repeat that Garcia is product of west coast offense.Please don't think he a gun slinger.

I understand an you are right. Not just nessasarily mean Garcia i'm just saying if you are accurate an throw all over the field not really deep passes but kind of like Marino. I say go for it no nessasarily a guy that can throw 70 yards. I know it is better for Norv's offense but crazy Wanny is going to change the play anyway. A all around qb I will be happy. They will be better With Brunell but if he signs with the Buc we may not have a choice maybe between Garcia And John not unless we trade for a QB.

minus: I was'nt trying to say you were wrong because you were right.
I just like Garcia an I hope he gets to stay in San Fran or gets on a good team somewhere.

i didnt mean that to sound like i was anti garcia, just wanted to stress how we need a true wr threat. a real playmaker and god forbid somebody with a fire in there belly on offense. our team in the marino yrs went all offense when jimmy came along we focused on def and the running game forgot the passing game. we need to add true and proven playmakers to our passing game to become a balanced team, if we have to replace jay then do so , my point being we had marino and no wr's ment average passing attack. we can add brunell, garcia,manning whoever if no serious wr threat whats the point. if we grab TO and use our draft to bolster the o line we would be addressing our off. woes and if we can also swing a veteren qb who's better than jay than so be it. we have a team that is close and last off season the only off. players we grabbed was thompson and brian via fa. that sure did bolster the passing game.

Yes TO knows he good and he wasts the players around him to be good and give it theree all. TO might get under my skin sometimes but this dude can play an he aint like Moss TO gives it his all when he is on the field. He does like attention but that don't take away from his abilities.

I would pass on TO. He is lazy on the field and was responsible for several ints this year b/c he didn't even reach for the ball or stopped on his pattern. He drops a ton of passes and and complains he's not getting the ball enough even when he was being thrown at more than any wr in football. SF's O improved when he got hurt. Come out to the west coast and ask SF fans if they are sad he is gone. Most will tell you he is all hype. He looks great in the weight room, but is so inconsistent that he kills the offense. If he wants to come here for Thompson type money great, but if wants Moss type dollars see ya.

NO ON TO...NO ON TO....NO ON TO

im sorry, but if he played to his potential, instead of talking trash AND dropping atleast 2 passes per game, id say yes. But I dont want a loudmouth like him bringing down the dolphins

yeah and so is moss but they produce. i dont care if their ego's are big and are you a nice guy to every one in the clubhouse your paid to play the game and excel at your pos. and TO done that. spin what ever way ya want the bottem line is, we haven't had a wr threat in ages. cc and to would be a nice combo. rice, moss marino,elway,sharp,carter,sapp,ray lewis,e. smith. the list can go on and on if by full of himself means to be a ****y feirce competitore who backs up their ego's with production. if it means you dont like his celebration antics well every one hates those when it's not your player who's made the big play:D i can live with those if he's making the plays for the fins.

no, i dont entirely mind the ego, even though you cant compare moss to TO, moss a few years ago, yes...but he is much more mature now.

What i do mind is that TO consistantly plays below his capabilities.
yeah, hes awesome, a great WR, even when playing sub-par, but he could be sooo much better

ask the west coast fans if they would rather have mcnight or thompson, gadsen instead of TO then come back and talk to me if they did tell em to lay off the drugs sure is funny how his numbers have been in the top 5 in the nfl the last 5 yr's to have dropped so many balls and caused ints and dragged his team down it's amazing, how has this clown even started in the nfl might be because he's an excellent wr perhaps. if you dont like his attitude thats one thing but you cant attack his production his stats dont lie.

We can't afford TO anyways, so it doesn't matter. I would rather use cap room for a qb, oline and take our chances on a rookie WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
can he be even better? sure could but that can be said for 90% of our team, his level of wr play is far better than any wr on this team including cc. if we got him and he improved more that would be a added bonus hard to play 8 and 9 in the box when you got owens and chambers on the out side.one of those guys are gonna get to see single coverage and that would be sweet. but i guess thats my opinion .

Back
Top Bottom