only 49r i would like is t.o | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

only 49r i would like is t.o

well we dont even know if he's gonna be let go, or what his asking price is gonna be we have a team that is close now and that window is closing fast i would take a proven playmaker over any drafted wr right now and we all know our luck on wr's only one decent one in yr's cc. we could find a way to sighn him if were serious about improving our off to take a shot at sb run with this team if not we should think of rebuilding this team instead of just hovering around the top, i would take a stab at it, while we got a good def, good rb, and use the draft to find some oline regardless we need to upgrade our off. TO would be a nice upgrade if we could get him if not hope we can get a humdinger in the draft.

t

yes...he would be an improvement in our receiving corps, yes it would open up the box, yes all of our players can play better. How long has TO been in the league? 8 years? If he hasnt learned to keep his trap shut and play 100% first, then he isnt going to learn it

Being only 60 miles from san fran, i get to see the Niners play every week, and read all about the inter-player relationships. The attitude he brings vs the skill he brings just is not worth it. Draft a guy, or bring in Horn. TO is a great player, but IMO its not worth it

he's a football player who gets paid to make plays bottom line, you brought up horn he would be another great add on ,but he runs the trapp also. can he make our team better is my point, i feel he can.and to me him or horn does this. i dont feel he would drag this team down. what drags this team down is the lack of quality wr's . i can take some one who runs the trapp as long as they do the job and do it good. we all work around poeple who run their mouths or we may not like, but at the end of the day if they can make us be successful we learn to live with it. thats all im trying to say. but yes horn would be nice to.

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
he's a football player who gets paid to make plays bottom line, you brought up horn he would be another great add on ,but he runs the trapp also. can he make our team better is my point, i feel he can.and to me him or horn does this. i dont feel he would drag this team down. what drags this team down is the lack of quality wr's . i can take some one who runs the trapp as long as they do the job and do it good. we all work around poeple who run their mouths or we may not like, but at the end of the day if they can make us be successful we learn to live with it. thats all im trying to say. but yes horn would be nice to.

Most of you are talking out of your pile holes, moss this moss that, what has moss done wrong this year or last year? He's been making nothing but plays so shut the hell up.

We have no Wide Receivers in this team, even chris chambers isn't very consistent. Having Terrel Owens is better than not having Terrel Owens, we need a guy who can actually make plays when they are needed to be made and chris chambers hasn't been the answer.

55 was the moss thing directed at me? i tried to make clear we should have drafted him. and i brought up his ego thing only to point out he backs it up.

a guy like t.o.would draw a lot of attention,making the whole offense better.Less coverage onC.C.,and R.MC.,and a little more room for ricky to run.Nobody really thinks Kevan Barlow is that good,do they?

I say NO to T.O. Snicker is right, 8 years of me, me, me, and he drops too many balls. Moss has grown and learned. Moss is better. T.O. IMO is a team cancer.

Im not saying TO wouldnt be a good addition, Im not saying he doesnt back of some of the things he says with his play, but its the way he acts and the motions he takes that he needs to back up. He is an excelent WR in a less than spectacular offense, and he could be soooo much better. Have you watched the Niners play on weeks other than their primetime games? He's completely different. One thing that bugs me is the announcers continue to say(all game long) is that TO needs to be in the game early, or else he doesnt give 100%. Heck, if he doesnt get the ball in the first 15 minutes of play, he doesnt even play 60%! You can watch him. He does the same thing Moss admitted to years ago, not giving his all on all plays. Which is TOTAL CRAP! He gets his paycheck to run his heart out everyplay, make the CB and safety think the ball is going to him.

Now on the Horn thing...There is no way you can compare the running of the mouth of Horn to the running of the mouth of TO. TO is better, but he's 1000 times more arrogant and about himself. Horn doesnt whine to Brooks everytime he thinks he's open and doesnt get the ball. He doesnt single out his HC or Off. Cord. when he isnt the star of the game. Guess who does? TO! I more than welcome TO if he can drop his attitude. Talk all the trash you want...but leave the "its all about me" attitude at home.

Ask the west coast fans? :D:D Thats funny. Notice my location? Raider Nation. Also known as the land of gold, red and gold that is. My entire family, from nieces, cousing, uncles, to grandparents are all Niner fans. 75% of my friends are. You want to know what they think of TO? The same thing I do. Granted Ill give you 1 out of 20 that says they dont care about attitude. Then you bring up the blatant disrespect to those above him and they say "ohh...I forgot about that." And no, I wont tell them to lay off the drugs. Their opinion is their own and Ill respect that. Comparing TO to any of our 2nd string and below WR is ridiculous. They arent even close to the same level.

Back to production. I never said he doesnt produce. I never said his #'s were bad. But what I did say was that they could be better. As odd as it sounds, he really does average about 2 drops a game. A player of his magnitude, of his allowance, of his "me me me" tactics, does NOT have the right to drop passes.

I say No ON TO for the reasons stated above.

I dont know if that Moss comment was aimed at me, so Ill comment on it just in case. I said compared to Moss a few years ago is buyable. Moss has a completely different outlook and gives his all. I love watching him play. He is outstanding and lets his play talk for him. A few years ago I wouldnt say the same, but pretty soon everyone is going to forget about that.

Va Fin Fan...I see your point 100%, but at this point we're bantering back and forth, repeating the same things, so its pointless. I have seen TO play 15 times this year, and about 75% of the time im thanking God he isnt a Fin. I'll stand by my thoughts up until the day he is one. That day Ill say, alright, we've got another WR, but at what cost? Ill be happy he's here, but I'll be happier when he leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather draft a #2 WR because they'd cost a lot less than TO. Besides WR isn't really our #1 problem, the oline is. Spend our money on free agents to help our oline out.

Do any of you TO advocates remember the games last year where they showed him not even reaching for passes and cutting his routes short? He quits on the field. Is that something you feel we're missing? As far as production, I haven't looked up his stats, but I doubt he was in the top 5 last year. Maybe TO can grow up and learn to play hard all the time, but that "maybe" is not something you want to risk big bucks on.

you guys who want TO and horn forget one thing, we can't afford them. would you be willing to let go surtain,thomas,taylor, or madison to get him? because thats what it would take. we are 17 million OVER the cap. and we have more pressing issues, such as quarterback and offensive line. sure it would be great if one of those guys came aboard, just like it would be great if peyton manning played for us too, but its just dreaming.

i dont want TO or Horn in the least, but we could afford horn, im pretty sure his base salary next year is like 500k, or something low... wed just have to get him in a trade, and his salary would increase in the following seasons, that being said, i dont want him or TO

too many other options in free agency/draft that are cheaper and less controversial and could still be successful alongside chambers

Back
Top Bottom