• Yes

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cam can manipulate the reps any way he desires... to placate another player... or to "prove" what he said earlier about the QB competition being "open"...

The fact remains... you don't give up escalating picks.. especially when it might have turned out you didn't have to give up anything... to acquire a PB QB ... that you know.... pay him like a starter... and then "open" a competition with a QB that isn't at journeyman status in the NFL... it's a farce..imo

Lets remember.. any team could have signed Lemon... at the Dolphins tender... but apparently... they didn't consider him worthy of the tender/DP... but now he's the true challenger to be the starter on the Dolphins... c'mon...

IMO... Cam's transparent actions are self serving at least... and detrimental to team chemistry at most.... TG is the guy... because he HAS to be the guy... and like another poster mentioned... God help us if he isn't.. with no disrespect to Lemon...

read: blah blah blah...I'm a ridiculous, whining Saban lover and I will continue to criticize and ridicule anything and everything Cam does because he's not Saban and Cam should've given Daunte a shot at the starting job because he worked so hard and Cam really botched the DC deal and no FAs, forever, as long as the Dolphins are still around will ever come to Miami because Culpepper was such a hard worker and I love Nick! Roll Tide!

But hey, let's say Lemon wins the job, at least the current regime was smart enough not to pay the pro bowler sitting on the bench $8 million.

Cam can manipulate the reps any way he desires... to placate another player... or to "prove" what he said earlier about the QB competition being "open"...

The fact remains... you don't give up escalating picks.. especially when it might have turned out you didn't have to give up anything... to acquire a PB QB ... that you know.... pay him like a starter... and then "open" a competition with a QB that isn't at journeyman status in the NFL... it's a farce..imo

Lets remember.. any team could have signed Lemon... at the Dolphins tender... but apparently... they didn't consider him worthy of the tender/DP... but now he's the true challenger to be the starter on the Dolphins... c'mon...

IMO... Cam's transparent actions are self serving at least... and detrimental to team chemistry at most.... TG is the guy... because he HAS to be the guy... and like another poster mentioned... God help us if he isn't.. with no disrespect to Lemon...

And how many teams were trying to sign Green who was going to be CUT?

read: blah blah blah...I'm a ridiculous, whining Saban lover and I will continue to criticize and ridicule anything and everything Cam does because he's not Saban and Cam should've given Daunte a shot at the starting job because he worked so hard and Cam really botched the DC deal and no FAs, forever, as long as the Dolphins are still around will ever come to Miami because Culpepper was such a hard worker and I love Nick! Roll Tide!

But hey, let's say Lemon wins the job, at least the current regime was smart enough not to pay the pro bowler sitting on the bench $8 million.

Well... if Lemon wins the job.... it'll mean we pay TG $6m and KC a 5th.... and the team is better off how?

Well... if Lemon wins the job.... it'll mean we pay TG $6m and KC a 5th.... and the team is better off how?

Uh, well, let's weigh the pros and cons:

On one hand you have the whining, career bridge-burning, brainless oaf of a QB who will be rehabbing until late 2007, cost us a 2nd round pick, cost us 4 games last year, cost us $8 mil and we got zero in return.

On the other hand, and this would be a worst-case scenario, you have a professional, TRUE pro bowl QB who won't argue with coaches about not playing, cost us $6 mil, a conditional 2nd day pick, and at that point would not have been handed over the starting job so he can play 4 of the worst games ever by a Dolphins QB...let's also not forget that even on the bench, Green would be the ideal sort of player for Beck to learn from, as opposed to C-pep who I'm sure could teach him the inner-workings of Madden 2008 or how to get your roll on, but not much else.

YOU GET THAT TERRY DUH???

I've learned since the days of Wanny to never trust a coach when he promises an "open" competition.

If you listen to Cameron's press conference on www.miamidolphins.com he tries to explain what he means by competition. I think he realizes that Trent Green is the #1 QB, but that it isn't set in stone. I think he acknowledges a competition because he believes it's in the best interest for every player. He used Jason Taylor as an example. Talked about does anyone believe Taylor won't be the starter? No, but that he'll come in and realize that there are players competing for his spot, and that if he doesn't compete or play well he is liable to lose his position. Same with Trent. I think it's Trent's to lose and Lemon would have to really play well, but that Trent has to understand that if he doesn't perform well, he's not going to be given the spot just because.

I think he likes the idea of a competition. However, is it really a competition? I don't think so. Trent Green is the starting QB until Lemon proves he should be and Green does not.

Nope. Cam had Trent Green in mind as his starting QB probably since the day he took the job. I dont necessarily hold it against Cam, it's just coachspeak, but you should know when you're being lied to.

Yea they reduced it to like 6 million and still pay like another 2 million in dead cap so we essential saved a few thousand if thats true.

If you listen to Cameron's press conference on www.miamidolphins.com he tries to explain what he means by competition. I think he realizes that Trent Green is the #1 QB, but that it isn't set in stone. I think he acknowledges a competition because he believes it's in the best interest for every player. He used Jason Taylor as an example. Talked about does anyone believe Taylor won't be the starter? No, but that he'll come in and realize that there are players competing for his spot, and that if he doesn't compete or play well he is liable to lose his position. Same with Trent. I think it's Trent's to lose and Lemon would have to really play well, but that Trent has to understand that if he doesn't perform well, he's not going to be given the spot just because.

I think he likes the idea of a competition. However, is it really a competition? I don't think so. Trent Green is the starting QB until Lemon proves he should be and Green does not.

If Cam realizes TG is the starter.... why all the whooee... why tell Lemon it's an open competition... when clearly... as you stated.... it's not...

While I agree all players come in and compete... he spoke about equal reps.. he spoke about best guy for the job... all whooee...

Cam is creating a distraction that doesn't need to exist.... on a team that doesn't need anymore distractions... leading the NFL in off season arrests...

Cam needs to own up and say... TG's my guy.. it's why he's here... he gives this team the best chance to win... and go to work...

And if TG isn't that guy.. why did Cam push Mueller so hard to get him here early... when we could have waited for him to be cut... it's an honest question...

And how many teams were trying to sign Green who was going to be CUT?

And what is your point??? There were a couple teams that reportedly wanted TG. Also, if we didnt trade for TG KC could technically still have him right now and into TC

If Cam realizes TG is the starter.... why all the whooee... why tell Lemon it's an open competition... when clearly... as you stated.... it's not...

While I agree all players come in and compete... he spoke about equal reps.. he spoke about best guy for the job... all whooee...

Cam is creating a distraction that doesn't need to exist.... on a team that doesn't need anymore distractions... leading the NFL in off season arrests...

Cam needs to own up and say... TG's my guy.. it's why he's here... he gives this team the best chance to win... and go to work...

And if TG isn't that guy.. why did Cam push Mueller so hard to get him here early... when we could have waited for him to be cut... it's an honest question...

let's see...he told Lemon it's an open competition, and clearly, from Lemon's comments, he's taking it seriously:

''I believe I have a chance and I believe it's an open competition,'' Lemon said. ``That's what Cam Cameron has said and I believe in coach. He says it's an open competition and that's how I'm attacking this training camp.''

So, as you see, Lemon is quite aware that Green is the guy to beat for the job, doesn't feel like the coaches comments slighted or mislead him in any way....but, somehow, you know what's going on....impressive for a shoe salesman like yourself.

If you had listened to Cam's press conference, specifically when a reporter asked him about what he'd do if a veteran didn't show up for the pre-camp, you'd understand the 'why' and 'how' of the seemingly open competition at the position. He's a QB coach, and a proven one at that...he's always done things a certain way, and if giving the QBs equal reps during practice or preseason games is his way of getting the most out of the QBs on his roster then I think the guy has paid enough dues to go so far outside the box as to *gasp* LET THEM PLAY ON AN EQUAL PLAYING GROUND. If you want to label it as "whooee", or another one of your lame catch phrases then be my guest, you'll still be as wrong as you ever have in regards to this team and football in general.

As far as Cam creating a distraction with this, well, Cam could sneeze and you'd label it as a team distraction...I mean, would an open competition at QB effect the chemistry amongst the CBs, LBs, DL or OL? You would think it would, at least, affect the chemistry amongst the other QBs, but the person it affects the most, Cleo, is totally fine with it, even appreciative of the opportunity. I don't know, maybe Gibran Hamden is secretly filing another grievance with the NFLPA?

as well as any sort of perspective or logic when it comes to this football team. I mean, how much of a distraction is an open competition at QB, however legit it is, compared to Gus slamming Saban on his way out for not being truthful regarding his status on the team and his contract, forcing Nick to swear on his kid's name that Gus was misinformed?

How about Nick not eating dinner with the president, or how he made Manny Wright cry, or how he berated Jason Allen for waving to his girlfriend in the stands during a preseason game? Were those "distractions", too?

Your takes against this current regime are flat-out insulting to the intelligent, free-thinking Miami fans...CHECK

[mod] Please address the post and not the poster[/mod]

Check the poll numbers.... plain and simple...

Yes, well, you standing behind an inconsequential poll on an inconsequential message board seems about right for you...I'll stand behind comments from the players in question and what transpires on the football field.

Back
Top Bottom