• Yes

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also believe Cam, but like someone else said, if Trent Green can play at a high level that we saw in his earlier years w/ KC, then it would be a nobrainer IMO that he is the starter . . . but if Cleo is playing at a top level, and Green is struggling, I don't see why they would still go with Green when Cleo knows the system and has been around the team longer.

I guess Cam should say, if Trent Green struggles then Cleo may start. But if Green plays at a average/above average level and Cleo plays at a high level . . . Green still gets the nod . . . I think the determing factor is more so based on Green's level of play rather than Cleo's (tho Cleo's level would undoubtably have to be very high)

Because Green's average level is the same as Cleo's high level and that average level still an improvement from what we had last year

If Trent ends up named the starter, there would have to be a realization that Trent either won't do what they need him to do, or can't do what they need him to do, before they pull him.

The same is probably true before that. They'll be paying attention to everything, including how the players respond to both passers, which of the two does what you want him to do, which of the two has more talent, etc. Stranger things have happened. Some people tried to claim that in looking at Green in 2006, he just couldn't process information like he use to. If that's the case, and it shows up in camp, don't be surprised if Cleo starts gaining steam...first with the players, and then with the coaches.

I doubt it though, I think Green's about as good as he's ever been. This competition thing could just be an excuse to keep getting Cleo equal reps in case Trent gets hurt since he has to be considered a fairly high injury risk at this stage of his career.

I also feel that Cam will put the person in at QB, and any other position, that gives us the best opportunity to win.

wish I would have thought of it... don't know enough about how polls work to edit it...

Wish I could help, but neither do i. I also have no idea how people respond to more than one post in the same post. Or how you purchase things with fin dollars. Finheaven isnt the most user friendly site in terms of this so good luck to you. If you find something out let me know

All you have to do is ask. :D

The Questions and Suggestions Forum is here for a reason. As are the Mods if you have questions.

Finheaven is as User Friendly as you want it to be.

All you have to do is ask. :D

The Questions and Suggestions Forum is here for a reason. As are the Mods if you have questions.

Finheaven is as User Friendly as you want it to be.

:kick: thanks

At the end of the day... TG or CL... I really don't care... move the chain's...limit mistakes...score points....

But one would have to concede that if TG is the TG of 2006 then... Cam made a huge error AND a rush to judgement for forcing Mueller to give up escalating picks for him... as well as the cap hit.... and if memory serves... nobody was beating down the doors for TG either....

The money is irrelevant to Cameron's job of fielding the best talent. Cameron doesn't even involve himself on the money aspect of it, that's Mueller's job. When Cameron says there is open competition, he means it. There is no reason to believe he doesn't. If Trent Green fails to show him what he is about 99% sure Trent Green is capable of, then Cleo could be the starter.

But if Trent Green is Trent Green, and Cleo Lemon continues to be Cleo Lemon, then there can only be one conclusion to the competition.

The significance of the statement is the implication of equal reps for Trent and Cleo. Actions speak louder than words. Any time you're seeing equal reps, that means competition.

It might be open competition, but it won't be fair competition. Just as your statement suggests, Cleo has already been stereotyped. Lemon would have to play 3 times better than Green to be given consideration. We all know Green will be the starter. What happens if Lemon does indeed perform better than Green? Green is handed the job; now teammates see how unfair Cam is. Of course, they won't say anything but I think he will lose some respect and Cam just keeps digging himself in a hole. Once a coach loses a team's respect, he loses the team.

It'll be open to a degree.

Trent Green clearly sitting in the Pole Position and rightly so.
If he shows any degree of the talent that has kept him a solid starter in this league then the competition will end right there as it should.

If however Green shows declining skills and has problems Lemon will have a shot If he completely blows everyone away in camp/preseason.

Some of you are so critical of this but it's common sense when you're dealing with a veteran QB that has proven he's capable of solid play V. a journeyman that has yet to show he deserves a starting job.

The job is Greens to loose and God help us if he does.

. Just as your statement suggests, Cleo has already been stereotyped. .

Funny how a players own performance will do that.
Every single player in the league is "stereotyped" by scouts and coaching staffs.

Thanks for clearing that priceless nugget up for us.

At the end of the day... TG or CL... I really don't care... move the chain's...limit mistakes...score points....

But one would have to concede that if TG is the TG of 2006 then... Cam made a huge error AND a rush to judgement for forcing Mueller to give up escalating picks for him... as well as the cap hit.... and if memory serves... nobody was beating down the doors for TG either....

Ahhh...looks as though thechefafter has stepped away from spreading his typical pro-saban rhetoric at the Sun Sentinel boards to make the little tykes here think he actually has a football IQ...word to the wise for anyone listening to Mr. Agneda here: Anything and everything he has to say when it comes to this team will have a pro-Saban/pro-Culpepper spin to it.

That being said, as ck mentioned, what transpires on the field is what matters, and if we see TG and Lemon getting an equal amount of reps in practice and an equal amount of playing time during the pre-season games then there's is absolutely nothing to suggest that Cameron isn't promoting competition amongst the QBs...there are players on the team making as much if not more money than TG this year, who are also starters, and nothing has been said about a competition amongst those positions...yet, at least. Why would Cam make a competition out of the QB position unless he thought it was in the best interest in all of the players involved?

Who cares if Green is already the starter in Cam's mind? He's a quarterback's coach...known for getting the most out of every guy he's ever been around...it's worked for him everywhere he's been, so even if the possibility of Lemon ever supplanting Green for the starting spot is remote, the point is Cam has a) stuck to his word, to the media and the players (read: Cleo) and b) the worst that could come out of this is every QB in camp for us will be motivated to practice at a high level.

I think Cam is saying that it is open becuase Green hasn't had the opportunity to show that he still has "it".
If Green show that he does still have "it", the starting job is obviously his, because his "it" SHOULD be better than anyone else on the roster right now.
If, as some people have suggested, he is no longer capable of a high level of play, then it would only be common sense that the best player would be the starter.

Cam can manipulate the reps any way he desires... to placate another player... or to "prove" what he said earlier about the QB competition being "open"...

The fact remains... you don't give up escalating picks.. especially when it might have turned out you didn't have to give up anything... to acquire a PB QB ... that you know.... pay him like a starter... and then "open" a competition with a QB that isn't at journeyman status in the NFL... it's a farce..imo

Lets remember.. any team could have signed Lemon... at the Dolphins tender... but apparently... they didn't consider him worthy of the tender/DP... but now he's the true challenger to be the starter on the Dolphins... c'mon...

IMO... Cam's transparent actions are self serving at least... and detrimental to team chemistry at most.... TG is the guy... because he HAS to be the guy... and like another poster mentioned... God help us if he isn't.. with no disrespect to Lemon...

Back
Top Bottom