Open Letter To Christian Wilkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open Letter To Christian Wilkins

I’m not sure the markets going to be there for him. He’s got Chris Jones who’s better than him. Justin Madubuike who might be better and is younger and Leonard Williams who similar. Are there 4 teams willing to pay DT’s 25+ million is the question.

Whitney Houston 90S GIF

I would still put the non-exclusive franchise tag on him. Then he can still test the Free Agent market while keeping our options open if we decide to match any offer sheet he signs.

I think the reason we are not going to is that we would still need to clear that cap space which would be an additional $20M or so and we wouldn't be able to spend it until his contract situation is resolved one way or another.

I know there is not a team out there who would be willing to give up 2 first round picks for him so he probably wouldnt get any offers. Maybe we could work out a deal though, lets say a 2nd and a 5th which is still better than the likely 3rd round comp pick we will get.

I would still put the non-exclusive franchise tag on him. Then he can still test the Free Agent market while keeping our options open if we decide to match any offer sheet he signs.

I think the reason we are not going to is that we would still need to clear that cap space which would be an additional $20M or so and we wouldn't be able to spend it until his contract situation is resolved one way or another.

I know there is not a team out there who would be willing to give up 2 first round picks for him so he probably wouldnt get any offers. Maybe we could work out a deal though, lets say a 2nd and a 5th which is still better than the likely 3rd round comp pick we will get.

I'd be happy with a 3rd this season rather than waiting for the league to comp me next season.

Mr Wilkins, you have been a great player and one of the most popular Dolphins I've ever seen. You are beloved in this town so where are you going and for what? Ross is the most generous owner and he's willing and able to pay you a small fortune. Certainly, enough money to live in luxury for the rest of your life for you and you family! On this team you are a leader and you've forged close relationships with your teammates. Doesn't that count for anything anymore? Where is all this greed coming from? You are holding our feet to the fire. I don't know what stories your agent is filling you with but he sounds greedy to me. You might end up in some town that you hate where you get treated poorly and play for a coach you hate instead of the very player friendly coach Mike McD. You might end up on a terrible team with poor morale and you would start to hate the game you seem to love so much. Money isn't all there is in life. The tax situation here is quite friendly and more money, even millions more won't change your day to day life style. You already have everything you could possibly want so what is it you need?? Ask yourself that question, the grass isn't always greener. You should retire a very rich Dolphin with a couple of rings and maybe a run at the Hall Of Fame. Don't listen to greed filled agents, listen to your heart. This team and this town have been really good to you and we deserve a fair shot to keep you. We drafted you, groomed you and everyone wants you to always be here.
So you're gonna rabbit for a few more dollars, I don't believe it!! STAY with your team and a fanbase that loves you.
Dear Christian,

Go get your money! You have earned the right to be a free agent. Good luck to you, thanks for the memories, but we can’t afford you.

If Miami does sign Wilkins to a new contract, I hope they include a clause stating that for every bone-headed penalty Wilkins gets, he loses 1 million dollars. And, if he injures another Dolphin player, he has to pay that player's salary while he's out. Maybe that will make him think before jumping on other players during a celebration or hurting the defense by getting flagged.

I’m not sure the markets going to be there for him. He’s got Chris Jones who’s better than him. Justin Madubuike who might be better and is younger and Leonard Williams who similar. Are there 4 teams willing to pay DT’s 25+ million is the question.
Why does the IDL position continue to fly under the radar as an impact position? An interior lineman who can penetrate up the middle or force double teams and triple teams is as valuable as any player on the team. Chris Jones, Heyward, Donald... these guys change games and without one Miami will lose half of its pass rush as the OL can concentrate on the outside rushers. Sieler is good but not as good as Wilkins and he can't do it alone. I love Wilkins and I think he is a good fit for the coaches and the locker room. I think he will try to stay unless someone backs up the Wells Fargo truck. If he leaves Miami needs to find somebody else quickly.

Why does the IDL position continue to fly under the radar as an impact position? An interior lineman who can penetrate up the middle or force double teams and triple teams is as valuable as any player on the team. Chris Jones, Heyward, Donald... these guys change games and without one Miami will lose half of its pass rush as the OL can concentrate on the outside rushers. Sieler is good but not as good as Wilkins and he can't do it alone. I love Wilkins and I think he is a good fit for the coaches and the locker room. I think he will try to stay unless someone backs up the Wells Fargo truck. If he leaves Miami needs to find somebody else quickly.
Wilkins is not known for his sacks.

Back
Top Bottom