OPINION: Negatives, Positives, & the Refs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OPINION: Negatives, Positives, & the Refs

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Stop playing the blame game, because all it does is make you look STUPID.......

The huge negatives:

-Michael Lehan needs to be released tomorrow morning. We had the lead and the defense had Pittsburgh pinned back inside their own 10, which would've given us great field position on a 3rd & 16 where Batch had no one to throw the ball to. The idiot picks up a ridiculous holding penalty, and IMO, that killed us more than anything.
-Chris Chambers dropped a TD right before the half which was the difference between 14-14 and 10-14.
-Chris Chambers was nowhere to be found from a "playmaker" perspective in the first half at all, and was DEFEATED in single coverage battle by Ike Taylor. Chambers is a Pro Bowl WR & Taylor is a "solid" CB - why did it look like the opposite out there?
-Randy McMichael was blanketed by Troy Polamalu 110%.
-The offensive line's run blocking is perhaps the worst I've ever seen in my life.
-Culpepper had all night to throw at times, but none of our "superstar" playmakers ever got open.
-This secondary ****ing sucks - period, point, blank. Surprisingly, Will Allen was the only decent player back there.
-Renaldo Hill didn't know what the hell he was doing on Heath Miller's huge "touchdown" play, and it's evident by Saban ripping him a new one on the sidelines, respectively.
-On Culpepper's final INT, the defense just read the play to perfection but that ball shouldn't of been thrown.
-Regardless of luck or not, how the hell Charlie Batch throws 3 TD's on our defends goes way beyond anything I'd of ever expected!
-Many of you are the worse Dolphins fans I've ever seen, and unfortunately will be calling for Joey Harrington's crybaby *** to start next Sunday. That's just too bad, because as long as Culpepper is healthy, he will never get the "opportunity" to screw up. This was a team loss, not an individual loss.

The few positives:

-Wes Welker is the only reason we were in this game to begin with, and was steller on special teams & on the receiving end early.
-Jason Taylor & Keith Traylor both looked excellent on the line, stopping the run and applying the "rare" pressure.
-Marty Booker was knocked back to his rookie year in 1999, but thankfully came back to reality and made a huge play. Great to see he's alright.
-Daunte Culpepper & Chris Chambers, eh, kind've gained a rhythm later in the game.
-Travis Daniels was out, so maybe the secondary has hope to be below average as a group rather than complete garbage.
-We got to see Nick Saban get rattled up & rip into a few idiots on the team, namely Renaldo Hill & Michael Lehan.
-Olindo Mare's extra points look smooth. :lol:
-We're 0-1. Not yet 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, etc. and hopefully we won't even get to that point. We all know that Denver started off 0-1 last year after we handed it to them, and look how they rebounded. This was our QB's first *serious* game since a major injury, and he wasn't even expected to be playing right now. You win some & you lose some, and a season is all about the adjustments made or not made after a tough loss. Here is our chance to do so, and grab a divisional victory next week.

The ref complaint (although they are NOT responsible for the loss):

-Try & be aware of situations, you idiots. Whenever there is a close called play where a player may or may not have stepped out, one of the refs need to at least look into the direction of the opposing team's coach in potential expectations of a challenge. .
-That play where Marty Booker got knocked back to 1999 - THAT WAS A CATCH!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: My bad on the Heath Miller TD, Nick Saban just stated that it was completely his own fault for busted coverage. I don't know why he ripped into Hill though?

Proboly because it was his fault but Saban manned up and took the blame....

The refs were horrible. You got that right. There is no way the Steelers only committed one penalty.

Don't expect a whole lot from the secondary since apparently Saban's master plan included getting rid of everybody in the secondary who was good - Surtain, Madison, Knight, and Freeman, for example. Nobody might listen to me, but burning bridges with Jim Bates was a bad move, especially since Green Bay's defense went from bad to good in the span of one year - with no stars.

i honeslty thought Hill did a good job out there but i like ur analysis as a whole

tough loss, yeah
wasted my buzz, yeah
ready to call the season over?
no.friggin.way

nice post

flintsilver7 said:
The refs were horrible. You got that right. There is no way the Steelers only committed one penalty.

Don't expect a whole lot from the secondary since apparently Saban's master plan included getting rid of everybody in the secondary who was good - Surtain, Madison, Knight, and Freeman, for example. Nobody might listen to me, but burning bridges with Jim Bates was a bad move, especially since Green Bay's defense went from bad to good in the span of one year - with no stars.

I'd of loved to see Bates stick around as the DC, but he didn't want to. He wanted to move on with another team, unless he was being retained as the head coach. O'well......

I have a bigger problem with Mularkey than any single coach on this staff. That 3rd & 2 in Pitt territory up 17-14, where he did that stupid pitch trying to COPY Pittsburgh's earlier success, was stupid. Our running game took huge strides in the previous drive, so why the hell didn't we just power it up the middle? That play amazed me.......

The Blueprint said:
Stop playing the blame game, because all it does is make you look STUPID.......

The huge negatives:

-Michael Lehan needs to be released tomorrow morning. We had the lead and the defense had Pittsburgh pinned back inside their own 10, which would've given us great field position on a 3rd & 16 where Batch had no one to throw the ball to. The idiot picks up a ridiculous holding penalty, and IMO, that killed us more than anything.
-Chris Chambers dropped a TD right before the half which was the difference between 14-14 and 10-14.
-Chris Chambers was nowhere to be found from a "playmaker" perspective in the first half at all, and was DEFEATED in single coverage battle by Ike Taylor. Chambers is a Pro Bowl WR & Taylor is a "solid" CB - why did it look like the opposite out there?
-Randy McMichael was blanketed by Troy Polamalu 110%.
-The offensive line's run blocking is perhaps the worst I've ever seen in my life.
-Culpepper had all night to throw at times, but none of our "superstar" playmakers ever got open.
-This secondary ****ing sucks - period, point, blank. Surprisingly, Will Allen was the only decent player back there.
-Renaldo Hill didn't know what the hell he was doing on Heath Miller's huge "touchdown" play, and it's evident by Saban ripping him a new one on the sidelines, respectively.
-On Culpepper's final INT, the defense just read the play to perfection but that ball shouldn't of been thrown.
-Regardless of luck or not, how the hell Charlie Batch throws 3 TD's on our defends goes way beyond anything I'd of ever expected!
-Many of you are the worse Dolphins fans I've ever seen, and unfortunately will be calling for Joey Harrington's crybaby *** to start next Sunday. That's just too bad, because as long as Culpepper is healthy, he will never get the "opportunity" to screw up. This was a team loss, not an individual loss.

The few positives:

-Wes Welker is the only reason we were in this game to begin with, and was steller on special teams & on the receiving end early.
-Jason Taylor & Keith Traylor both looked excellent on the line, stopping the run and applying the "rare" pressure.
-Marty Booker was knocked back to his rookie year in 1999, but thankfully came back to reality and made a huge play. Great to see he's alright.
-Daunte Culpepper & Chris Chambers, eh, kind've gained a rhythm later in the game.
-Travis Daniels was out, so maybe the secondary has hope to be below average as a group rather than complete garbage.
-We got to see Nick Saban get rattled up & rip into a few idiots on the team, namely Renaldo Hill & Michael Lehan.
-Olindo Mare's extra points look smooth. :lol:
-We're 0-1. Not yet 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, etc. and hopefully we won't even get to that point. We all know that Denver started off 0-1 last year after we handed it to them, and look how they rebounded. This was our QB's first *serious* game since a major injury, and he wasn't even expected to be playing right now. You win some & you lose some, and a season is all about the adjustments made or not made after a tough loss. Here is our chance to do so, and grab a divisional victory next week.

The ref complaint (although they are NOT responsible for the loss):

-Try & be aware of situations, you idiots. Whenever there is a close called play where a player may or may not have stepped out, one of the refs need to at least look into the direction of the opposing team's coach in potential expectations of a challenge. .
-That play where Marty Booker got knocked back to 1999 - THAT WAS A CATCH!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: My bad on the Heath Miller TD, Nick Saban just stated that it was completely his own fault for busted coverage. I don't know why he ripped into Hill though?

This post actually makes me feel good. Well said.

Good analysis...however
Lehan was called for hands to the face. It was one of the worse calls of the night. On the very next play when Taylor knocked Batch down, a illegal contact call was made against Will Allen. Three plays later, Pittsburgh should have been called for offensive pass interference when Santonio Holmes was blocking downfield while the pass was still in the air. Those three plays allowed Pittsburgh to get out of the hole they were in an grab some momentum.
Ike Taylor was rarely left on an island with Chambers and when he was he played off him as to not allow Chambers to run pass him.

Back
Top Bottom