Opinions on Drew Stanton? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Drew Stanton?

glh205

Starter
Reaction score
Since it looks like Young and Quinn are not coming out, I would think that would lead to Cutler being the 2nd QB taken and most likely it will be before the 16th pick?

Who would be the 3rd Qb taken, and are there any that are 1st round caliber. I can not think of any Seniors.

Has anyone heard if Drew Stanton from Mich State may declare? CAn any of the college evaluators on this board let me know if he is 1st round material if he does declare?

I heard he was staying but yes he is first round material. Young may still leave especially if he wins.

I believe that Young will declare and come out this year. One major issue could be the possible implimentation of a rookie salary cap that coiuld cost some draft picks millions should they wait a year or so. If Young does stay, he will be competing with Brady Quinn next year for the Heisman. I personally feel that Quinn being at Notre Dame will elevate him higher just because of the school he attends. Please don't get on my case about Notre Dame either, it is just my opinion.

I'm not a big fan of him. He has ability but he's pretty inconsistent. He makes too many boneheaded throws and accuracy is on and off. He's not first round material right now (maybe in '07). He should stay in school for sure.

finjim said:
We aren't drafting a QB in the first.

:confused: Why Not? Unless you have some inside info, how can you be so sure?

The Facts are.... 1. QB is #1 on our list of Positions we need to upgrade, 2. We need to find a young QB to groom asap (Considering it takes at least 1 year before the rookie can take over....well unless you are Dan Marino) 3. If a few of the eligible quality underclass QBs don't declare, there will be very slim pickings at QB.

If Miami has a shot at a quality QB in the 1st (Actually a QB on Saban's List of who he thinks are quality QBs), there is a very good chance Miami pulls the trigger.

Quinn has declared he's staying and if Young says the same thing, if I were Drew Stanton I might make a surprise declaration and leave now. The market is practically screaming out Leinart's tenuous hold on the #1 QB status with all this talk about Cutler moving up and being the better guy etc. Stanton could come out and IMO put Cutler right back in his place and be the guy that starts making a run at Matt Leinart. If Stanton waits until next year, he has two media DARLINGS he'd have to oust for top position. Not to mention have you seen the things Troy Smith can do lately? He's short but that guy has a good arm and makes stuff happen, with his arm not just his legs.

stanton has been completely absent the last 3 months. i know kiper and scouts inc are high on him for next year, he's GOT to stay another year

kastofsna120 said:
stanton has been completely absent the last 3 months. i know kiper and scouts inc are high on him for next year, he's GOT to stay another year

He doesn't have to. Young will probably declare his intentions after the Rose Bowl. If he says he's staying in school, Stanton could still come out and make his run at the top end.

kastofsna120 said:

He still has all the things that would make him a 1st rounder. Like CK with Young out of the mix(possibly) and the need for QB in the top half of the draft, he could definitley get up there and quickly.

He would have to have KILLER workouts to even sniff the 1st round. As of now he's a mid-round pick.

LIQUID24 said:
He would have to have KILLER workouts to even sniff the 1st round. As of now he's a mid-round pick.

Stanton is 1st round. With KILLER workouts he is top 15 easy.

Back
Top Bottom