Optimism : I'll Give It A Shot.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Optimism : I'll Give It A Shot....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Alright, I know I've been one of the most pessimistic posters here recently, and now I'm going to try and give optimism a shot....

Let's say we do this....

Keep Dave another year, keep Norv, and keep the majority of our defense intact. Then, during the off-season let's bulk up the OL, and get another decent #2 WR to help out....

Will that be the key to offensive success next year, or will it just be another one of those famous "All we need is..." sayings???

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

That's weird....I just asked this question in another thread....I would give him another shot if we do the things you said plus draft a young QB in mid rounds, restructure Fiedler, sign a FA like Brunnell, and open the competition in training camp, between Jay, Sage, and X....

If we had a solid OL, and a better WR opposite CC, Jay would probably be one of the top QB's in the AFC....

He's not that bad. It's the OL, and a lack of solid WR depth that makes him look bad. I've always liked Jay, but sometimes I hate him too. He does deserve better than this though....

I would like to see what Jay can do with a solid OL in front of him. We're not as desperate for a QB as we are for an OL, so I'd stick with Jay if I had to choose between adding one or the other....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by 1972
I like the optimism. That might be a good start, but what about the QB?

With a much better OL and 2nd WR you have two adequate QB's on the current roster to choose from.

1 Jay Fiedler
2 Brian Griese

You pick, I really don't care. With the make up of the team they should be running the ball.

If anyone thinks there is a better option available I wanna hear it.

Ricky makes a difference!

I don't think that DW will be fired at the end of the season. I think that WH will give him one more shot at putting together a championship caliber team.

The question then becomes:

How do we build a contender?

1. Objectively evaluate each position on each side of the ball.
- Everyone gets a chance to voice there opinion!!!

2. Objectively evaluate and assess the Free Agent Market
- Don’t be scared to make the big signing, but don’t overspend!!!!

3. Objectively evaluate and assess the NCAA Draft
- Ask for help – JJ was always a great evaluator of talent/potential

4. Be SMART on draft day.
- Don’t just draft a guy because he is the best available player on the board; ensure you actually have a need for that player/position.
- Use the lower rounds to fill the void of quality back-ups.

5. Visit Finheaven daily to get outstanding advice from the fans!

Originally posted by dreaded34

With a much better OL and 2nd WR you have two adequate QB's on the current roster to choose from.

1 Jay Fiedler
2 Brian Griese

You pick, I really don't care. With the make up of the team they should be running the ball.

If anyone thinks there is a better option available I wanna hear it.

Ricky makes a difference!

At this point in time, it wouldn't matter who was the QB. Our offensive turnstile would allow just about any QB the opportunity to get creamed!

We really need to hope that someone will spend a first or first and third round tender on OGUN. We really need the extra pick. With two first rounders we could easily get a top #2 WR and solid OL or promising young QB. This draft class is STACKED!!!! OGUN is a very good player, BUT WE CANNOT SPEND ANY MORE BIG MONEY ON DEFENSE!!!!
It is time to spend some money on the Offense. Losing Ogun would definitely help us get some quality offensive talent.

Back
Top Bottom