ORACLEPZ... i question you!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ORACLEPZ... i question you!!!

I am Bane

BAKLAVA
Reaction score
u seem to be a USF fan... how are your DE boys doing. i enjoyed watching them both.... Pierre-Paul (i think his name is) impressed me often... give me your thoughts and words... as well as anyone else with their own!!!

I'm just not seeing it with Pierre-Paul.....believe me I've tried...and tried some more...just not seeing it..

I think he uses his length well....it benefits him in certain instances...but he also tends to play with it when he shouldn't...which is likely attributed to being so raw as a football player....he reminds me a lot of a young Jevan Kearse physically and with those vines he calls arms...that's about as far as I can go as giving him a compliment to support the hype....Jevan Kearse he's not....

He takes too wide of a path to get to the quarterback and a lot of times has to come back to get his sacks....that doesn't work in the NFL...you have to be able to bend the arc and set up some counter moves to beat a lot of these tackles in the NFL....being past the quarterback is never a good thing...

He doesn't offer as much in the run game as I'd like....I can't get over watching the Miami Hurricanes mash all of those undersized defensive lineman for USF on their way to rushing for 250 yards....the "stud" DE's from USF were busy teeing off trying to get sacks and getting too far upfield...meanwhile the football was going right by them for huge gains.....(reminds me of Jason Taylor)..

I'm always leary of these prospects who's stock experiences a huge jump based on one season when the production or body of work over a career just isn't there, or based on work out numbers....especially when it comes to pass rushers....(Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, etc.)......I dont think it's coincidence...

If I ever have to use the word "potential" to convince myself a prospect is a good player....then something just isn't right more times than not...

Pierre-Paul certainly has things about him that intrigue me and I can easily see the upside.....but a 1st round pick? Top 10?

Not from me....not a chance...

i'm with slimm...definitely not at #12...pass

i didn't see the canes game but the couple i did review i thought he played the run pretty well...

raw is the word...

I'm just not seeing it with Pierre-Paul.....believe me I've tried...and tried some more...just not seeing it..

I think he uses his length well....it benefits him in certain instances...but he also tens to play with it when he shouldn't...which is likely attributed to being so raw as a football player....he reminds me a lot of a young Jevan Kearse physically and with those vines he calls arms...that's about as far as I can go as giving him a compliment to support the hype....Jevan Kearse he's not....

He takes too wide of a path to get to the quarterback and a lot of times has to come back to get his sacks....that doesn't work in the NFL...you have to be able to bend the arc and set up some counter moves to beat a lot of these tackles in the NFL....being past the quarterback is never a good thing...

He doesn't offer as much in the run game as I'd like....I can't get over watching the Miami Hurricanes mash all of those undersized defensive lineman for USF on their way to rushing for 250 yards....the "stud" DE's from USF were busy teeing off trying to get sacks and getting too far upfield...meanwhile the football was going right by them for huge gains.....(reminds me of Jason Taylor)..

I'm always leary of these prospects who's stock experiences a huge jump based on one season when the production or body of work over a career just isn't there, or based on work out numbers....especially when it comes to pass rushers....(Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, etc.)......I dont think it's coincidence...

If I ever have to use the word "potential" to convince myself a prospect is a good player....then something just isn't right more times than not...

Pierre-Paul certainly has things about him that intrigue me and I can easily see the upside.....but a 1st round pick? Top 10?

Not from me....not a chance...

Completely agree.

JPP has all the tools to become an excellent football player but hes just too raw for us to draft with any top pick. He used his athleticism to get by college which we all know wont work in the pros.

That being said you have to remember JPP has only been playing football since i believe middle of Jr of HS. He was a basketball player first, but he quit when he broke his leg in his Jr year.

The Hs coach that recruited him to play football in HS left his Sr year to take another job at another HS and he often thought about quitting. In which JPP is states as saying that he wanted to quit because "i was just doing it for him" referring to the coach that recruited him to play football in hs. I think his reasons for playing football have to be questioned. This alone i think would keep the trifecta from using a high draft pick on him.

He was originally to attend UCF but his grades werent too good so he went the JUCO route. After 2 years, he then accepted an offer to play at USF. I would say he reaped the benefits of having Selvie on the other side. While Selvie was constantly double teamed JPP had one on one opportunities and made the most of it. Which is why i think hes smart to leave now even though his family wanted him to get his degree. He comes from a poor family, his dad is blind and his mom is a house keeper. So im pretty sure when the NFL draft committee advised him that he has a excellent opportunity to be a 1st round pick, he would leave for the nfl. Too much money to pass up.

He does have a few things going for him.

1. He has a good family that cares about him and his 22 year old sister is like a parent to him.

2. He really is a good kid. Don't think you would ever see any off the field problems from him.

Now about his play

Like i stated before his athleticism is excellent but he needs to get stronger against the run. He would be probably better off playing DE on a 4-3 team after sitting out a year or to so that he can be developed.

If he could add more weight and keep his athleticism it would help, that is if he wants to play OLB in a 3-4. He has problems with the run but i think it has more to do with his limited knowledge for the game and can be corrected.

He needs to develop some pass rush moves and get a lot stronger at the next level or again he would need to rely on his quickness.

How would he fit the Fins? I think he would be Weak side OLB. That would be a role in which he would thrive. I would be highly upset if he would be our pick at 12. Too much of a project. Now if he were available in the 2nd i would at least have to think about it, depending on who else would be available.

Just imagine if he were to add 10-15 lbs and keep his quickness. That would be a 6-6 275- 280 Weak side OLB with pass rushing abilities. You can see why scouts salivate over him.

As for George Selvie, hes someone that i would still want if he were available in the 3rd-5th round range. His stock took a hit because his numbers have dropped. He was constantly doubled and sometimes tripled. I still like him because that wont happen in the NFL. He wont get that attention leaving him one on one in which i think George can beat anyone.

So as far as his draft stock taking a hit, its bad for him but good for us (we could get him middle rounds)

If i had to choose draft picks from USF that we should look at, i would say Nate Allen FS, George Selvie OLB and WR Carlton Mitchell.

Back
Top Bottom