Orlando Shuttle to Dolphin Stadium? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orlando Shuttle to Dolphin Stadium?

3-1/2 or 4 hours? Mabey four if traffic is clear. I live in Boynton, a few minutes south of West Palm Beach and it takes me an hour to get to the stadium. It also takes me three to get to Orlando. If you leave at 5 am and meat the traffic, you could be there by ten or eleven

ohall said:
You have THREE choices then. The free route, the faster route or a combo of both.

If you take the Turnpike all the way it will cost around 20 bucks to get to Miami but you can do it in as short a time as 2.5 hours. You would have to drive about 80-85 mph to get that done. If you drive around the speed limit 3.5 hours can easily be done, short of rain or accidents on the highway.

The free choice is to grab highway 27 which is about 15 miles west of Universal via I-4. On 27 however you will get a stop light every 15 miles or so and there are a ton of 18 wheelers that use that highway.

The 3rd choice is to take the Turnpike about 117 miles south from the I-4 entrance and then get off of the Turnpike at the Fort Pierce (SR70) exit #152 and head east about 1/4 a mile once you exit and then grab I-95 South to Miami. It will cost you about 10 bucks to do this. This is the route I take because I usually have business in the east side of Miami which is where the stadium is as well. If you have to travel to the west end of Miami it is best to either take the Turnpike all the way or to grab 27. If you are going to get to where you are going before 8 AM on the weekend I recomend highway 27. It is a safe road up until about 9 AM or so. It's a great road to drive from around 8 PM to 8 AM. And if you plan to get to the stadium before 8 AM you can make that drive in around 3 hours on HW 27.

I really don't recommend taking 27. I live 10 minutes off 27 and worked at Universal and it's at least a half hour out of the way. While it is fairly smooth sailing for a lot of the way, it will take you well out of your way whereas the turnpike is a pretty straight shot. If you are gonna drive the turnpike extensively on sundays, you may want to look into the Sunpass, it may save you money a small amount of time.

Hey I feel your pain. I have UCF season football tickets so I drive up saturday morning back saturday night then a game on sunday. Lets just say last year was very very painfull. Its 3.5-4 hours, to bad people keep turning down the damn high speed rail amendments. It would only take 1.5 hours on that. But you can thank a bunch of conservative (Financially not party wise) pricks for taking that out of the budget. you should see if you can car pool with someone

awing_pilot said:
Hey I feel your pain. I have UCF season football tickets so I drive up saturday morning back saturday night then a game on sunday. Lets just say last year was very very painfull. Its 3.5-4 hours, to bad people keep turning down the damn high speed rail amendments. It would only take 1.5 hours on that. But you can thank a bunch of conservative (Financially not party wise) pricks for taking that out of the budget. you should see if you can car pool with someone

I vote yes for it every time because it has to happen and it is better to build it now when it will be cheaper. Once the high speed rail way is built I'll start going back to Dolphin home games.

It's just way too much of a hastle to drive from Orlando to Miami to see a game 8 times a year.

Back
Top Bottom