OSU booster admits he, Pryor responsible for payments to players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OSU booster admits he, Pryor responsible for payments to players

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Just yesterday, the three Ohio State players suspended for receiving $200 in cash at a charity event — junior running back Jordan Hall, sophomore defensive back Corey Brown, and junior defensive back Travis Howard — were reinstated to the team by the NCAA.Up to this point, though, it was still unclear exactly who — at least publicly — gave the envelopes of cash to the players.According to a follow-up report from the Columbus Dispatch, however, we have our answers on those specifics.A Cleveland-area businessman and OSU booster by the name of Robert DiGeronimo stopped short of telling the Dispatch that physically gave the $200 to the three players, but did admit that he played an important role in the three players receiving the impermissible benefits.http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...sponsibility-for-payments-to-players/related/

Forfeit the kid's scholarships, fine the booster a significant amount... followed by loss of booster status and priveledges. Move on to the next one.

Start holding everyone involved accountable and you'll cut down on this type behavior. That goes for every school out there.

How do you punish a booster? The NCAA has no authority to fine him. The worst the university can do is give him his money back.

You have to fix the system first. Get legislation involved and make it illegal for rogue boosters to give illicit benefits to players.

Under the current system... ONE braindead, scumbag booster can get an entire program thrown under the guillotine, while the guilty parties (players, boosters, agents, etc.) all get off scott free.

The universities have to spend a lot of money defending themselves in the process. However, if it's illegal, a university can then turn around and sue that rogue booster for his criminal activity.

Are we going to write a law now that says I can't give my kid 5 bucks for making an A on his paper or a new car if he gets into Yale? There's nothing illegal about what boosters do and no court would uphold a law banning them from giving gifts to players.

I still say what OSU did was worse than Miami simply because Miami had no idea what was going on.

I still say what OSU did was worse than Miami simply because Miami had no idea what was going on.
Although three Hurricane coaches are being investigated. Additionally, if the AD didnt know what was going on he has no business being employed by a University.

You have to fix the system first. Get legislation involved and make it illegal for rogue boosters to give illicit benefits to players.

Under the current system... ONE braindead, scumbag booster can get an entire program thrown under the guillotine, while the guilty parties (players, boosters, agents, etc.) all get off scott free.

The universities have to spend a lot of money defending themselves in the process. However, if it's illegal, a university can then turn around and sue that rogue booster for his criminal activity.

Unfortunately I dont see legislation being passed at a national level to accomplish what would certainly be a step in the right direction.

With the scrutiny OSU is under I expect the Booster to be banned. When schools allow boosters to get close to kids it is a recipe for disaster. This guy being allowed on the sidelines and on team flights to away games for 30 years is a practice that needs to be stopped.

Although three Hurricane coaches are being investigated. Additionally, if the AD didnt know what was going on he has no business being employed by a University.

Didn't realize an AD was supposed to know what these kids do in their free time. These kids weren't pulling up to practice in new cars every few weeks like Terrelle Pryor. They were spending, one, two, maybe three nights on the town getting free food and drinks. Oh the horror.

Didn't realize an AD was supposed to know what these kids do in their free time. These kids weren't pulling up to practice in new cars every few weeks like Terrelle Pryor. They were spending, one, two, maybe three nights on the town getting free food and drinks. Oh the horror.
:lol: Yeah I guess he didn't realize that Shapiro was on his sideline and rubbing elbow with the players or that his head coach refused to acknowledge Shapiro because of his rogue status.

Like I said, the NCAA should hammer Holcutt because he has no business being involved in college athletics. Until the NCAA does start punishing coaches and administrators expect the problems to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Yeah I guess he didn't realize that Shapiro was on his sideline and rubbing elbow with the players or that his head coach refused to acknowledge Shapiro because of his rogue status.

Like I said, the NCAA should hammer Holcutt because he has no business being involved in college athletics. Until the NCAA does start punishing coaches and administrators expect the problems to continue.

Paul Dee was the AD.

Back
Top Bottom