OT- Fred Miller might be released by the TITANS! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OT- Fred Miller might be released by the TITANS!

wouldnt Floyd Wedderburn be a better option when it comes to offensive line depth? he's younger and stronger. We could get more years ot of him... or even keep Marcus Spriggs for that matter.

Well in terms of finding a guy who can back up at left tackle I dont think we necessarily will pay much attention to age, since Wade Smith is around to be the future at the position, and Dixon probably won't be retiring soon so he can always be used as the backup once Smith claims the spot permanently.

I dunno, I think I remember Fred Miller playing LT for a short time but I dont remember him doing well at it. Things I'm reading about Floyd Wedderburn aren't suggesting he could fill in at LT. I'm more worried about a veteran presence at LT as backup than RT, because even though I like Smith's potential for development, he's still a damn rookie 3rd rounder and we might be reaching a little expecting him to step in for a matter of games should Dixon go down (which he has like pretty much every year)

I thought it was already decided that Jerman would back-up both tackle spots and if that holds true through camp then Wade Smith would not have to fill in unless BOTH starting tackles were hurt.

Personally, so long as we're talking backup, I think Spriggs would be just fine. My only concern, however, is that we don't spend too much on that position. I'm all about offensive line depth, but if last year taught us anything, it should have taught us that QB depth is important too. And, right now, with the AWESOME off-season we've had, I'll be content just so long as we lock up Griese.

On that point, I just want to say that I was one of the people who questioned WannSpiel about the lack of early off-season moves. But, if we pick Griese, I think our FO has done a SPECTACULAR job loading us up for a Super Bowl run. My hat will be off to them.

My view is, unless there is a sure fire LT that becomes available, I don't think there is any need .... Or ... Room. We drafted a bunch of rookies and have 4 young guys (Mck, Jerman, Smith, Whitley) that they want for the future. So, a) I don't think their going to look at anyone and b) not any of these guys are pure LT's any more than Dixon or Wade are. Unless and until there is a top LT that someone is available - I doubt we'll go after anyone. Also, if a sure LT is there, he'll command more than we have - which is virtually zero after signing Griese.

Back
Top Bottom