Other things that make the NFL interesting this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other things that make the NFL interesting this year

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Yeah, the Fins will be very interesting this year with the addition of RW and Norv turner. Will we beat the stinkin' Jets. Expectations will be high. Anything short of the AFC Championship is a disappointment. There are some other things to look forward to. The first year of re-alignment. How will Spurrier do in the big leagues? Gruden in Tampa. Dungy in Indy. I'll be watching Rookies like Julius Peppers, Roy Williams, David Carr, even Joey Harrington. The Houston Texans. Are the Patriots here to stay?(They do have a lot of upside) I wish ABC didn't hire John Madden, I'm tired of him. Personally I like Phil Simms. Who will win the rushing title this year?(c'mon Ricky) Yep, its gonna be a great year. :eat:

very good points - not to mention how much will NO and Deuce suck. For my money, the AFC East will very interesting, particularly the Pats ability to compete again; and can he Steelers build on last year and get back to the championship game. Lastly, will the Raiders and all their moves fizzle with old age or will they have 1 last shot w/a no name coach.

GREAT POINTS!!

I agree that the AFC East will be exciting to watch. Buffalo will surprise some teams w/the additon of Bledsoe throwing to Moulds, Price and their rookie WR, and the youth they have on defense will make them competitive. They won't win the EAST but the Bills were the only non-competitive team in our division last year. That will not be said about them this year. Every team in that division will be dangerous. I'm actually looking forward to the first division game in week one Jets vs Bills. I think the Bills will steal the first one from the Jets.

Plus, how will Spurrier do with the Washington Gators, ummm I mean, Redskins ;) .

Will Dungy help the Colts turn the corner. I believe he will.

How will the Mike Martz and Marshall Faulk soap opera pan out?

Will Cincy be a playoff contender this year? The fans in Cincy finally have a team that is worth getting excited about.

The Jets will go down, possibly swept this year by our Fins....(the streak ends abruptly this year)

Dallas will be the surprise team of the NFL this year, mark my words. After two horrible seasons, they will have the biggest turnaround (record wise) over a season.

You know the hardest thing is to predict who's going to be what.
Last year there no way I thought the patriots would be super bowl champs. I know the dolphins have done some upgrades this offseason, but I still think the jets have upgraded too. I want to beat them so bad I can taste it. I gone and look at all the teams and they all have some upsides..You just done know who will step up for a team and take them to the next level.
I almost think that the AFC East is evenly match..I think Drew give the Bills hope and that can spark a team to perform beyond their real playing ability,,i.e. NE last year. I still think we're better than the Pats. But will on the field is different from talent on paper. So this should be an interesting year..Favorites--who knows. Chemistry, will power, talent, breaks, attitude and desirer,, which team will put them all together is anyone quess.
Let the games begin.

I believe that the Bengals...........

will surprise some and win possibly 8 games. It all depends on if they can get some respectable play from the QB position. Thus far, Akili Smith has been a huge disappointment. This is Peter Warrick's 3rd year in the league. This is the year he needs to have a breakout season. They've got the 2nd best RB in the league(in my opinion) in Corey Dillon. They're defense is a young,up and coming group that has strength at the LB position with rising star MLB Takeo Spikes, as well as Brian Simmons, who is underrated.;)

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Quincy Carter will hold Dallas back. He makes Jay look like a figgen all-pro heh.

Quincy Carter won't even be a factor. They made major upgrades to an already good defense and CHAD HUTCHINSON will be the Cowboys new QB. WATCH!

I don't think Jerry Jones will let that happen. He's like Al Davis, he hates being proven wrong. I personally think Anthony Wright is a good QB.

The Browns should............

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Butch, will have the Browns playing well this year.

improve in my opinion as well. The question marks for them will be they're offensive line and WR's. They really haven't made any moves thus far in the offseason to improve they're offensive line. WR's Quincy Morgan(in his 2nd year) and Kevin Johnson will have to step up their play this year. They did draft RB William Green which was a very good pick. The Browns have young, talented defense that will only improve with experience. Courtney Brown is establishing himself as a playmaker. I can see him making the pro bowl this year.

Besides the Dolphins Drew Bledsoe will get the most attention from myself. Buffalo thinks he is their savior, but he has struggled the past few seasons, and has to adapt to a new system. What is wrong with G. Williams? Why would you ever have a playbook that will take your qb 2 years to learn? The other player I really want to watch is Brees. I wanted Miami to take him because I liked him alot in college, and even though he is a Charger I am pulling for him.

Re: GREAT POINTS!!

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
I'm actually looking forward to the first division game in week one Jets vs Bills. I think the Bills will steal the first one from the Jets.

Oh that is just tooooooooo good. Either way we can have some fun with our Bills/Jets counterparts on this board because one of them will start the season out as losers. Good way to start the season :)

Dallas will win the division, if Chad Hutchinson plays. If Quincy Carter plays, they are 7-9, maybe 8-8. They will have a monster defense, as long as their corners develop. That offense is VERY dangerous, if they play Hutchinson. They sweep the 'Skins every season and the Giants will be a 5-11 team. As for the Eagles, they have no running back and they let their best defensive player go. They finish 9-7 or 10-6, and Dallas around 11-5.

Same with Cincinnati. If they get just average play from their QBs, they will be a playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom