Others get Turkey, we get Tuna for Thanksgiving | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Others get Turkey, we get Tuna for Thanksgiving

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
So, looking forward to Thursday. Everybody thinks we have no shot against the Tuna Cowboys. What do you guys think?. Can a revitalized Fiedler be enough to beat the Cowboys (2nd best defense in the league). I dunno...but I hope I don't choke on my turkey.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant help but to remember our last thankgiving day outing...my wife is a dallas fan. no matter, these guys are riding a wave of adrenaline which i believe will carry them.

its all gonna come down to defense, i have the feeling if the fins play well, we are gonna have another fins-ravens performance in this one....

IMO the key will be getting to Quincy Carter...if we could hurry his throws and "mess him up"....I think he'll F-up and that will = turnovers = points = Fins Win!!! Last time we played at Dallas on Turkey Day...I think we lost 20-0...and Marino did not play well...so I hope we can win this one.

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
IMO the key will be getting to Quincy Carter...if we could hurry his throws and "mess him up"....I think he'll F-up and that will = turnovers = points = Fins Win!!! Last time we played at Dallas on Turkey Day...I think we lost 20-0...and Marino did not play well...so I hope we can win this one.

Go Fins!!!

I only remember that one in the snow...

The key is making Quincy Carter play like Quincy Carter and not Joe Montana. Sooner or later that guy is gonna realize he sucks and start playing like it again. Let us hope it starts with this week.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
its all gonna come down to defense, i have the feeling if the fins play well, we are gonna have another fins-ravens performance in this one....
Defense is going to be key. Sure, Dallas is 8-3, but they've had a pretty easy schedule too. Yesterday was the first time they beat somebody with a good defense. They were shut out by Tampa Bay and New England. IMO, if our defense shows up and plays a full 60 minutes, we win.

I'm a Finfan stuck in Charlotte. The Panthers are my 2nd favorite team and I got to watch the Dallas game up close. My opinion is they are just a really well coached team. Carter is a lot better than people give him credit for. He is almost impossible to sack. 5 or 6 times the Panthers would have him in their grasp and he would find a way to get the ball away AND to a reciever for positive gain. Don't take him for granted. If you do he will make you pay.
On the other side of the ball their "D" is maybe as fast as the Ravens were in their SB year. (Not as good, but super fast). Their secondary is very underated. Newman is gonna be a stud and Roy Williams already is. I have always voted for JF over BG but I see Jay throwing a few to the other side in this one.
After watching both games and then adding in that we played 8 hours later than they did and will have to add in a half day for travel time I just feel they will have more time to prepare than we do. That and they are playing better ball than we are right now. Adds up to being a very tough game to win. Turnovers will be the only way we have a chance. Dallas run "D" held Davis to his lowest yards per carry of any one this season. What is that gonna do for the O-line blocking for Ricky??
Just my opinion, but this may not be a very good turkey day.

Parcells is one of the best in the league at playing the percentages. Wanny/Norv are going to have to pick their spots wisely. I see a tough low scoring game with a few big plays deciding it.

Back
Top Bottom