Our 3.9 rushing average... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our 3.9 rushing average...

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
You know what this season is starting to remind me of...Lamar Smith's 2nd year with the Fins.

I remember L. Smith ran good for us during his first year...remember the huge day he had vs. the Colts in the playoffs??? He got over 200 rushing yards...right? Then his second year with the Fins his rushing average went down compared to his first and he was fumbling alot. Well, its sad to say but it looks like the same thing is happening to R. Williams rushing average...4.7 to 3.9...what the hell is going on FinFans???

Going into this season we all knew that we needed a left tackle and we needed to improve the line and D.W. and R.S did not. It looks like their decisions have not paid off at all and its coming back to haunt them...oh ya and us FinFans. We should have done everything and anything to get Turley. Even if Dixon comes back...the question is...for how long??? Its hard to say this but I just don't see how our line is going to get better...I just don't.

OK,

Ricky is a far better RB than Lamar Smith. Smith did have some great games, but Ricky has everything Lamar had, and more. More power, better vision, more speed, better receiving skills, more elusive/agile. ETC ETC ETC. Ricky isn't the problem, the OLINE is, and it "may" be the reason Fiedler hasn't been doing very well. I said "maybe", so people don't take that all out of context by saying that Fiedler just sucks anyways. Ya never know.

I believe the FO did agood job in the offseason given the CAP situation we were in and what was available at WR/QB and OL. Unless we were going to skip signing Jr and Sammy and cut Brock Marion (or someone else making bucks), we could not afford much of a LT. They went after Gandy at what we could afford; and honestly, I am glad we got Wade Smith (in the 3rd rd) instead

i agree...i never said that l smith was better than r williams...i know ricky is far better than smith...i'm just stating that the struggles this offensive line is having currently is reminding me of smith's last year as a fin...that's all.

Bleh.

Everyone is happy with our signings, no? This is the same line that let Ricky run for 1800+ yards last year. Something aint right.

Nails is supposed to be one of our better guys and he's playing like he did in Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom