Our beloved #13........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our beloved #13........

Re: YOU'RE NOT FROM CLEVELAND!!!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
I am NOT a big FEIDLER fan but that is TOTALLY CLASSLESS!!! Like I said before the fans down here totally suck! As for Marino, I totally miss THE MAN!!! I miss that drop back, that release, the whole nine yards! You really get bummed when you watch old tapes of him! TRUST ME!! I like to compare it to seeing an EX-GIRLFRIEND!! It hurts a little bit everytime you see them and you realize it's over!!!:cry: DAN WILL ALWAYS BE THE MAN!!!!
I know what you mean - it was awesome watching Dan at the MTV celebrity flag football flinging it to both sides. He still have the arm and the release, but that feet that avoided sooo many sacks do not move too fast and I am sure he is sick of getting hit. :cry:

Dan was the best ever. Qbs like Griese, Kelly and Montana were great QBs that were made that much better by being on great teams. Dan was never on a great team, just good teams with the greatest offensive player in NFL history.

I'm going to keep my comments about Fiedler to myself but as far as Dan goes he was and will always be one of the best to ever play this game. I too am honored to have been able to watch him play when he was still playing. I just feel so bad that he didn't get a ring before he left :( after all those records he had broken. For the people that booed him at a Heat game...That is just plain wrong...it's still wrong in a sense at the stadium but the guy was there to try and relax and be a normal person and they did that...it's just wrong.
clear.gif

Originally posted by RevRick
Plus the league has changed it's philosophy and on purposely hold back QB's to play as "just another guy on the team". Play to not 'lose' it so to speak.
A philosophy with which I disagree. It implies a sense of stagnation in leadership, quality of play, and the sport in general if the player in the most demanding position on the team is told "don't do anything wrong" instead of "go for it." But then again, since things became "politically correct" we have become a society in which everything which might possibly have the slightest chance of a hint of being offending to anyone anywhere at anytime is not longer considered acceptable - so we are beginning the slow descent into the "lowest common denominator" syndrome. Ah, well.

AMEN! REV AMEN! :mad:

I have to admit that I have been an "on the fence" Feidler fan. When he does well I cheer for him. And when he sucks, I scream at the TV(Like he really hears me;-) and try not to destroy anything. But I do realize that there are a lot worse QBs out there that we could be stuck with. (Kitna, Grbac, Leaf, Batch etc.) Bottom line is that we should at least appreciate the fact that Jay is an above "average" QB and stop comparing him to Dan because, frankly, there is none.

Oh and didn't Jay say that following behind Dan Marino is better than Backing up Damon Huard?!? I thought that was pretty funny. :):)

Originally posted by phins054
Oh and didn't Jay say that following behind Dan Marino is better than Backing up Damon Huard?!? I thought that was pretty funny. :):)

Did he really say that?? Man, that's a good one. :lol: Kinda gives you a look at Jay's other side. Shows me that he's mentally strong and has a sense great sense of humor.

Yeah he said it...I can't remember if I read it in SI as one of those goofy quote things they print or if I heard it on ESPN?!? Anyways...I really have nothing against Feidler, but I also have nothing for him too. :-)

Back
Top Bottom