Our Best Chance At A Franchise Qb Is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Best Chance At A Franchise Qb Is...

No. Because we need to rebuild the lines before we bring any other QB into the house. If we can rebuild our team this next year, I'm willing to give up the whole draft for our franchise QB in 2020.

Best chance is if the Eagles try to part with Wentz. Otherwise there is no "franchise qb." There is however the draft. They can draft a QB, and give him the reins, and see how it goes, just like everyone else does.

Try to get as many draft picks as possible, I don't even know who we could trade to get decent draft pick value in return unless we trade our best young players like X Howard, tunsil, or Fitz which we shouldn't do. Not sure what we could get in return for Tannehill. Is Drake expendable? Not sure what we could get for him either. Maybe Reshad Jones could net us a decent draft pick as well. Depending who is available when we pick in the 2019 trading out for 2020 first maybe our only option to gain draft capital for the 2020 draft.

I say we trade tannehill for whatever we can get in terms of draft picks. Draft a rookie QB in round 2 or 3 this year and roll with said rookie, that will ensure us of a high 2020 draft pick.

Panthers did this with Jimmy Clausen and drafted Newton the following year.

I just don't see any other alternative unless we trade or sell the farm for a 2020 QB prospect.

Last edited:
We get rid of Tannehill and that should put us drafting right at the top in 2020. We have a few good players, but not enough to win games on their own. Tannehill is good enough to keep a team around .500. Trade him this offseason and we should be drafting in the top 3 in 2020.

It's always a sound principal to build LOS #1 and be especially strong in the middle.

The good news is:

we have plenty of needs -- way too many to solve in even 2 drafts -- so

let's be honest and stop this dog chasing its tail crap and put a plan in place that

can be reasonably met (as in building forward momentum) and target the QB 2020

unless we get "lucky" in the interim. That said, next season has to be a "sacrifice"

where winning games is essentially secondary to building towards Y2 and Y3 etc. in the

new program. I'd be fully supportive of such an approach and willing to endure some crap

as long as there is a "legit" possibility we're on the right track long term.

Problem is Ross is probably gonna want "instant results" as if you can mix a

great football team from a jar...

IMO the above means get rid of TBum and #1 priority is to install a GM type who has

the vision and connections to put together a winning personnel dept and HC.

In this way Ross only needs to make 1 winning decision and after that

it's the GMs game.

I know -- pretty obvious stuff...

BNF

I say the best bet is the draft. Look for accuracy number one. That you can’t teach. A natural quarterback. No more risks and maybe’s. I don’t care about combines and cone drills. I want a guy that get’s it done on the stage. Makes players look better. Forget the Alabama guys who have elite talent all around them, protecting them and wide *** open receivers every play. Give me a scrambling gunslinger with moxy and ACCURACY. I don’t want a guy who peaks in college, give me a guy who is going to peak in my organization. I’ll groom a guy for a year. No need to trade up or package your whole draft to get a guy that is a Josh Allen combine darling. Give me a guy that throws darts into small windows all day long.

No. Because we need to rebuild the lines before we bring any other QB into the house. If we can rebuild our team this next year, I'm willing to give up the whole draft for our franchise QB in 2020.

Nope, apparently our OL has been fine all along and the QB position has been at fault for 7 years. So just get an elite QB this year, which apparently is easy as pie, and then win the SB in 2019! Easy.

...Trade our 1st round pick (not down, OUT) this year and load up on ammo for 2020.

Would you sign off on this?

It’s the only way this merry go round stops
Such a thing would only ever be an outside option, not a plan. It would all depend on draft options and trade options. Terrible idea to plan on getting a certain pick when you are this far away from it. You can just plan on someone trading.

People need to stop think that drafting a QB in 2020 is a guarantee that we'll get a great QB. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. Some of those QB's could get hurt or regress. I'm sick of waiting for the "perfect moment" to draft the "perfect QB"

People need to stop think that drafting a QB in 2020 is a guarantee that we'll get a great QB. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. Some of those QB's could get hurt or regress. I'm sick of waiting for the "perfect moment" to draft the "perfect QB"
We have a qb under contract. We have a Dt under contract. It's a great idea to have a bad season and then draft a qb high while having another first round pick. And some free agency money to spend.

Gase confirms Ryan Tannehill will start Wk 17
7417.jpg

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said Ryan Tannehill will start Week 17.

With Tannehill's future in some question, there was a thought the Dolphins would see what they have in David Fales. The answer is almost certainly not much, and Gase said he wants to play to win. That makes sense with his job possibly on the line. Even though he will play, Tannehill will not be a fantasy option in Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom