Our draft pick order | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our draft pick order

over Josh Allen or over anyone?

Ozzy rules!!

For me it would be anyone. Like I said earlier if Miami could sit him for two years behind Tannehill that is a good situation. Miami gets their franchise QB of the future and he has time to learn from Gase and Tannehill. I do like Tannehill but with his recent injury we just don't know what he will play like when he returns. Plus, if you have a chance to pick a franchise QB and you don't know if you have one already on the roster you have to make that pick IMO.

Here's the mock from the site I posted the draft order. It makes no sense for us to draft a corner at 12 when we already have X and Tank but two things I see there.
The LB they have going to the Raiders a pick before ours could be the pick if he's there.
If we were to take a QB my favorite would be Josh Allen who they have going to Pitt at 29

Josh Rosen
QB | UCLA

6'4"
220 lbs
Sam Darnold
QB | USC

6'4"
225 lbs
Bradley Chubb
DE | NC State

6'4"
276 lbs

Minkah Fitzpatrick
CB/FS/SS | Alabama

6'1"
201 lbs
Saquon Barkley
RB | Penn State

5'11"
223 lbs
Derwin James
SS/FS | Florida State

6'3"
212 lbs
Arden Key
DE/OLB | LSU

6'6"
238 lbs
Quenton Nelson
OG | Notre Dame

6'5"
328 lbs
Courtland Sutton
WR | SMU

6'4"
218 lbs
Mike McGlinchey
OT | Notre Dame

6'7"
310 lbs
Roquan Smith
ILB | Georgia

6'1"
225 lbs
Denzel Ward
CB | Ohio State

5'10"
192 lbs
Mason Rudolph
QB | Oklahoma State

6'5"
230 lbs
Calvin Ridley
WR | Alabama

6'1"
190 lbs
Joshua Jackson
CB | Iowa

6'1"
192 lbs
Orlando Brown
OT | Oklahoma

6'8"
360 lbs
Lamar Jackson
QB | Louisville

6'3"
205 lbs
Christian Wilkins
DT | Clemson

6'4"
311 lbs
Maurice Hurst
DT | Michigan

6'2"
282 lbs
Connor Williams
OT | Texas

6'6"
288 lbs
Clelin Ferrell
DE | Clemson

6'5"
260 lbs
James Washington
WR | Oklahoma State

6'0"
205 lbs
Vita Vea
DT | Washington

6'5"
332 lbs
Rashaan Evans
ILB | Alabama

6'3"
234 lbs

Ronnie Harrison
SS/FS | Alabama

6'3"
216 lbs
Baker Mayfield
QB | Oklahoma

6'1"
220 lbs
Harold Landry
DE/OLB | Boston College

6'3"
250 lbs
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
DE/OLB | Oklahoma

6'1"
240 lbs
Josh Allen
QB | Wyoming

6'5"
234 lbs
Kolton Miller
OT | UCLA

6'8"
311 lbs
Derrius Guice
RB | LSU

5'11"
212 lbs
Bryce Love
RB | Stanford

5'10"
196 lbs

Ozzy rules!!

I personally have jumped on the Mayfield bandwagon. I can envision him playing under Gase's leadership and see a match made in heaven. I love Mayfield's leadership on the field. His passion and desire to win reminds me a lot of Marino's. I'm not saying he's as good as Dan but none of us knew how good Dan would be either until he played. There's many intangibles about Mayfield that have me hoping Miami gets him.

I agree that we should draft a QB if one's there that we really like. I'm a Tannehill supporter but he's coming back from major surgery and would not have played in almost two years but even if everything goes right with him we need to have a young QB that can be our starter at some point. Having Moore as the back up does nothing for this team

Ozzy rules!!

This coaching staff can not afford to draft qb in tbe first round and sit him for 2 years. They will be coaching for their lives in 2018.They will go o line or d line in the first with the hopes of shoring it up.
I could see them drafting a qb in the 3rd or 4th round(now that we have two 4th round picks)

Well when I said they need to draft a QB, I didn't mean that they had to do it with our first round pick. It could be later on but they need to draft one at some point

Ozzy rules!!

This coaching staff can not afford to draft qb in tbe first round and sit him for 2 years. They will be coaching for their lives in 2018.They will go o line or d line in the first with the hopes of shoring it up.
I could see them drafting a qb in the 3rd or 4th round(now that we have two 4th round picks)
You buy your needs in FA so you aren't hamstrung on a particular position in the draft and reach. You also have no idea how a draft pick will pan out, especially in season one.

First round pick won't be: WR, TE, QB, OT, SS or ILB.

Unlikely to be: DT, FS or OC based on our needs and current projections.

Most likely positions: OG, DE, CB or OLB.

Quenton Nelson, Billy Price and Braden Smith present some interesting options at interior OL if we are looking to move down. Although Nelson might be gone by the time we pick.

I'd rank our top need solely as, interior OL, before our 2nd biggest need which is a TE.

If you told me right now our top 5 draft picks in 2018 were 2 OG's, 2 TE's and a OC I'd be smiling.

Why wouldn't you draft a TE, QB or ILB with our first pick? If a star fell to you, would you let him go?

I suspect that the FO will be willing to trade our first round pick for more picks, unless there is a BPA that fits one of our weakest positions. I have not heard anything about this being an especially strong draft. With our recent drafting history, I look forward to finding some gold in the later draft rounds and especially with UDFA's. I suspect that the FA market will also have some effect on what positions we selectively draft for, but have no specific predictions about what positions are being considered or who we might be looking at.

I suspect that the FO will be willing to trade our first round pick for more picks, unless there is a BPA that fits one of our weakest positions. I have not heard anything about this being an especially strong draft. With our recent drafting history, I look forward to finding some gold in the later draft rounds and especially with UDFA's. I suspect that the FA market will also have some effect on what positions we selectively draft for, but have no specific predictions about what positions are being considered or who we might be looking at.
No only do we need to get better in the draft, but I feel we need to hit on more UDFA's to help upgrade this team.

That's the other thing. You don't want a guard at 12 and there might not be a LB worth taking there either so........imo the best options are two,
1- You draft a DE worth taking there
2-you hope one of the QB drops to us and trade down for extra picks with a team wanting a QB
3- Not likely to happen but we could just draft a QB

Ozzy rules!!

If we draft DE again in the first round this year, I'll throw my TV through my TV. Some teams, regardless of regime, have a penchant for developing certain positions from thin air. DE is ours. By committing high draft resources, we use precious resources where we have a track record of not needing to spend. DT and DE can suffice for now.

We have got to address the middle of the field. I'm tired of attacking the edges.

We need a top shelf LB to double down with Raekwon. I'm cool with drafting 2 LB's to step this unit up to a complete strength of the D.

Next, we need G's. Including the idea of moving Tunsil back to G if the right LT comes along.

Moving along, draft a C to replace that perennial All Pro we have anchoring the Titanic.

Somewhere in all of this, get me a top shelf TE. I need a mismatch monster to defray the inevitable swan song of Parker and shift focus away from Landry and Stills.

Near the end, we need a RB to develop and push that unit.

Oh yea and if the right QB lands in our lap, we need a developmental guy for the future. About time we started thinking ahead and looking for someone to push Moore and be ready for RT's next injury.

Back
Top Bottom