Our first Pick of this year's draft got hurt, but it couldve been worse.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our first Pick of this year's draft got hurt, but it couldve been worse....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
had we went after the the guy that publicy stated he wanted to be a Fin.......

Sunday, August 10

Bengals don't know when Washington will return

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals rookie wide receiver Kelley Washington was excused from the team's preseason opener Sunday to have a previous neck injury evaluated.

Washington was in Dallas seeing a doctor, and the Bengals don't know when he'll return, team spokesman Jack Brennan said.

The 6-foot-3, 218-pound Washington, a third-round draft pick from Tennessee, had surgery last November to fuse two vertebrae in his neck because of a concussion he got while playing last season.

"He chose to obtain a second medical opinion on the condition of his neck for final clearance to play,'' Brennan said.

Washington practiced with the team for the first time last Monday, a day after signing a three-year, $1.45 million contract to end a weeklong holdout. He is expected to compete with Peter Warrick for a starting spot.

The Bengals lost to the New York Jets 28-13 on Sunday.

-------------------------------------------

I thought he had gotten better after surgery???? this sucks for him......or even worse we couldve pulled a horrible move like the Bills and went after a guy whos already injured with our first pick.

Eddy Moore has a good history of injuries and I hope that this young guys career doesn't come to an end. Down the stretch we will see where Eddy Moore will go. Injuries were one of the reasons that this youngster was kept from getting picked earlier by other team and was considered one of the best coverage linebackers in the draft. Moving on to other matters, not saying the guy is injury prone but he has had his wear in college. I seen the guy play a lot and he is a great athlete and was a key addition to our team but we are gonna need him down the stretch more than we have anticipated. We need some speed at our linebacker position.

That's Why the Fins....

and 31 other teams passed over Washington and he got picked up in the 3rd round.. The night b4 the draft I read on DD Insider that a medical report was sent to all teams letting them know that his neck condition was not fully healed and he won't be able to paticipate in any physical practices MAYBE until the end of August and they weren't even sure of that.

Back
Top Bottom