Our Freeagents Next Season!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Freeagents Next Season!!!!

HEAVYHITTER

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Could someone put together a list of Dolphins that will be free agents next year, basically those guys that will not be under contract. thanks

Just know these main ones.

Wade
O-Gun
Greenwood
Nails
Minor

Originally posted by Jaj

Wade
O-Gun
Greenwood
Nails
Minor

I know that Greenwood and Minor are RESTRICTED. A team who signs them, would have to give up a 3rd-round pick I think. Wally is restricted too right?

Hah, you can throw Fiedler, McKnight, Thompson(maybe), Griese(maybe), Perry, Ruddy, Marion.. and guys like that on there too. Won't be too long into the free agent period when they become free agents.

Originally posted by Jaj

Wade
O-Gun
Greenwood
Nails
Minor

Keep:
Wade --- He Will Be Good
Minor --- Underused, but needed
Nails --- Will recover and regain form
Griese --- Let our prize QB from the draft sit under him

Let Go:
Greenwood --- Replaced by Moore...Hopefully
O-Gun --- 1st Rounder...No Brainer
Fiedler --- Too Much Pay
DT --- Lots of WRs in draft for lesser money

Off the top of my head, these are the free agents I know of. This doesn't include players who will be cut.

OG Jamie Nails
OT Todd Wade
FB Obafemi Ayanbadejo
HB Travis Minor
HB Leonard Henry
DE Rob Burnett
LB Marlon Greenwood
CB Terrell Buckley
S Arturo Freeman
P Matt Turk

Lose Wade get Tait. They are asking the same money...

O-Gun --- 1st Rounder...No Brainer

Are you insuiating that the Dolphins would be compensated a first rounder for O-Gun? What's the formula for Restricted FA compensation? It's not just where they were drafted is it?

It is the tender that the Dolphins put on him.

Miami can place one of 3 tender offers on O-Gun:

minimum qualifying offer of approx. $675,000 gets them right of first refusal or matching rights to an offer sheet. If he had been drafted, then the compensation would be the round in which he was chosen

1st tender approx. $1.5 million gets a #1 pick as compensation

1st & 3rd tender will be about $1.8-2 million and gets a #1 and #3

I would think that Miami will put the 1st rd tender on him in the hopes that someone does their negotiating for him and if they do not like the deal, they get the compensation.

Clump I think you ar right. I somewhat applaud Miami for this move because A: Like you said someone else does the negotiating and then we get to keep what seems to be, a budding superstar and B: If the price goes too high, they save that money and get a second first rounder out of it. Win Win situation for once with Miami and the draft.

If Miami puts the highest tender of a #1 & #3..........Miami will be doing the negotiating.

However, I still doubt that teams will break the bank for him AND give up a #1 but you never know these days.

Originally posted by DolfanNJ

Let Go:
Greenwood --- Replaced by Moore...Hopefully

No, no, no, no, no! Let the better player out of Greenwood and Moore play, the other one is the future replacement of Seau! The future linebacker core will/should be;

Greenwood
future FA/draft pick
Moore

Back
Top Bottom