Our injuries are opportunities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our injuries are opportunities

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
Do you see the glass half full or half empty? according to some posts by some, it is already half empty. But i would have you look at some things a bit differently.

1. Eddie moore being out means we could discover a hell of a find in corey jenkins and even though this one hurts, he would not have been a starter and just a ST'er this year. We will probably not use LB's on passing downs anyways.

2. Rob Konrad, Patrick Surtain, and Dixon are all getting surgeories so that they can better deal with this for the whole season. every year we have guys who end up sitting out preaseason due to surgeory to fix little knicks. These 3 are vets and good players who know their spots.

3. Ed Perry hurts but i think we have his replacement no problem.

4. Seau probably wont be expected to cover much and will be in the OL face all day. this vanilla D we ran was defenitely vanilla. and quite frankly, i dont want other teams knowing what we will be doing with seau and knight anyways.

5. Our WR's are looking real good and i think we have 5 very capable guys which is a lot better than we could say last year. we have a great mix of recievers who are catching everything(except chambers maybe:mad: but he will come around).

6. The reps that Wade Smith gets in practice and in the game will pay huge in the future and if dixon ends up truly hurt in the long haul, there are some decent LT out there that will be cut so we end up with depth. the angle i am getting at here is that teams who dont need anyone this early can get stuck later on when these guys get snagged up by teams like us who are looking due to injuries.

7. This is all just a mirage that will be laughed at come september 7.

Don't you worry about Chambers ;)

The kid has it in him. He had one drop on pseudo-prime-time TV and people are on his back to perform. If you throw the ball within 8 feet of him in any direction, he's going to come down with it. I am very happy with CC and I think we will see that anything you saw post-concussion 2002 was an aberration.

With DT on the other side, Chambers will have his YPC back up there.

Originally posted by finfan54
Do you see the glass half full or half empty? according to some posts by some, it is already half empty. But i would have you look at some things a bit differently.

1. Eddie moore being out means we could discover a hell of a find in corey jenkins and even though this one hurts, he would not have been a starter and just a ST'er this year. We will probably not use LB's on passing downs anyways.

2. Rob Konrad, Patrick Surtain, and Dixon are all getting surgeories so that they can better deal with this for the whole season. every year we have guys who end up sitting out preaseason due to surgeory to fix little knicks. These 3 are vets and good players who know their spots.

4. Seau probably wont be expected to cover much and will be in the OL face all day. this vanilla D we ran was defenitely vanilla. and quite frankly, i dont want other teams knowing what we will be doing with seau and knight anyways.

5. Our WR's are looking real good and i think we have 5 very capable guys which is a lot better than we could say last year. we have a great mix of recievers who are catching everything(except chambers maybe:mad: but he will come around).

6. The reps that Wade Smith gets in practice and in the game will pay huge in the future and if dixon ends up truly hurt in the long haul, there are some decent LT out there that will be cut so we end up with depth. the angle i am getting at here is that teams who dont need anyone this early can get stuck later on when these guys get snagged up by teams like us who are looking due to injuries.

Good post FF54

I'm not too concerned about Chambers either he'll be ok. I think the receivers have more of a flow with Fiedler right now than Griese because he hadn't worked with the first team until Fiedler got injured.

I think alot of Chambers stats will come from him being in the slot.

Good post, 54.

It's funny I read a positive post I feel good I read a negative post I feel bad funny how that works.....good post Finfan54 I hope your right.:up:

I think it's still a loss. The injury puts him a year behind now in his development. The goal I always thought was to have him push Morlon and then come in for Seau in some pass situations. Then eventually take over when Seau retires and/or gets cut.

Dixon is always injured so he is a worry spot as I don't like the idea of Smith starting this year. Next year maybe. Konrad/Surtain I am not worried about.

As long as the new guy doesn't botch it up during crunch situations then all is good. If he does though......ouch.

Seau will get burnt. No doubt about that. However he should make up for that in "big play" value and disrupting the offensive line. Knight is there to help cover Seau mainly. Not so worried about Knight.

I'm really digging our WR's. We got 2 guys FULL of potential so all we need is for one of them to step forward. We have 2 #2 guys here. If one steps up we can finally have a passing game again. Thompson is DA MAN so far.

6. The reps that Wade Smith gets in practice and in the game will pay huge in the future

Very but still don't expect too much. Very few LT's start right away and even those high end top draft pick LT's struggle quite a bit their first season. Smith is getting a LOT of oppurtunity and it will be a shame if he doesn't grasp it.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a pretty good evaluation imo. I always say that our season depends on 3 things, turnovers, penalties and injuries. We're getting way too many players hurt too early. I hope they stop.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: Re: Our injuries are opportunities

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

I think it's still a loss. The injury puts him a year behind now in his development. The goal I always thought was to have him push Morlon and then come in for Seau in some pass situations. Then eventually take over when Seau retires and/or gets cut.

Now back to my point about Jenkins.

Dixon is always injured so he is a worry spot as I don't like the idea of Smith starting this year. Next year maybe. Konrad/Surtain I am not worried about.

I dont mind the idea of smith starting if he proves in these next few weeks that he can play. It is scary yes, but with ricky, it will be easier for him to develope especially since we play our best ball early. spielman will get us another LT.

As long as the new guy doesn't botch it up during crunch situations then all is good. If he does though......ouch.

Seau will get burnt. No doubt about that. However he should make up for that in "big play" value and disrupting the offensive line. Knight is there to help cover Seau mainly. Not so worried about Knight.

I'm really digging our WR's. We got 2 guys FULL of potential so all we need is for one of them to step forward. We have 2 #2 guys here. If one steps up we can finally have a passing game again. Thompson is DA MAN so far.

Very but still don't expect too much. Very few LT's start right away and even those high end top draft pick LT's struggle quite a bit their first season. Smith is getting a LOT of oppurtunity and it will be a shame if he doesn't grasp it.

Smith has the talent, that has been said many times by the coaches. He needs experience like anyone else. will he make mistakes? sure, so does dixon at LT.

Back
Top Bottom