Our LBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our LBs

I don't see any one guy taking any one spot...It'll be a solid rotation...they'll all get field time.

PhinDude88 said:
4-3 LB:
OLB-Seau
MLB-Thomas
OLB-Crowder or Moore

3-4 LB:
OLB-Moore
MLB-Seau
MLB-Thomas
OLB-Spragan

god that would suck. Moore and Spragan would get killed as OLBs in the 3-4.

JCfinfan said:
I swear I heard Jr. tell the media in his interview that Saban has him in a MLB spot. I could have been hearing things. That would put him and Zach in the middle in the 3-4.

You weren't hearing things. He said he would be outside in one formation, inside in another. Oddly enough, I thought he said outside in 3-4 and inside in 4-3. Time to watch it again, maybe just a slip up.

Channing MOTHA F***ING CROWDER will be our starting strong side 4-3 LB.

In the hybrid 3-4 scheme, Roth will be brought in to rush the QB.

God damn, when will the season start??? :shakeno:

GO FINS!!!

In the 4-3 ROLB will be Seau, MLB Zach, LOLB Moore-Crowder-Spragan, though all the last 3 guys will see the exact same playing time, filling in on all 3 or 4 LB positions. Roth will NOT play LB, only on running situations, goaline and that sort of stuff, he is way to slow to rush the passer all the way from the OLB position, he is better standing in a 3 point stand in front of OTs.

I think that Crowder, Spragan and Moore will all get spells when we line up in the 4-3.

Tentatively, it is Spraghans job, but when we utilize the 3-4, Seau and ZT will be the inside guys and I could see Crowder and either JT, Holliday, DBowens...

3-4
Taylor, Thomas, Seau, Crowder/Roth

4-3
Seau, Thomas, Crowder

I have heard that Seau is going to be in the middle in some 4-3 lineups.

Saban's all about disguising his defense so the Quarterback can't get a read.

So its good that all the players he has are interchangeable in the Linebacking core.

OLB is the training camp battle I am most interested in following. I dont even know where to begin. I think we will see a lot of rotatingamongst all these guys. I think Saban will expose each players stregnth as much as possible. Eddie Moore in coverage, Seau and Roth getting after the QB, and Crowder stopping the run. All I have heard about Spragan in he is a Morlon Greenwood type. No mistakes no great plays. I like the versatility.

This is going to be a great battle ( I can see a trade or 2 from the bunch we have)
Thomas, Seau, Spragan
Moore, Pope, Crowder, Ayanbadejo, Jenkins = second tier at the moment
Winston Taylor, Strother, Turner = promise in Taylor (great size) and camp bodies.
Big questionis how many do we keep on the roster or does Roth take one because he can play both DE and LB which opens up a roster spot.
My guess is we keep 5 to six and roth would fill out the 5th or 6th spot.
JMHO

Eddie Moore is a better player than Spragan. He showed flashes last season. When he played for the Vols he was the only player on D who could compete with UM's offense.

Seau did say he was going to play inside. If I remember they asked him where in the 3-4 or 4-3 and his response was inside. I think it's safe to say that if there are no injuries we can expect Seau and Zach to start. I really liked Moore when I saw him after hearing all the negative press about him. He looked like he can play and he has good size. I'd expect Moore and Spragan to battle for the other outside spot. When they shift to a 3-4 I'd expect Taylor to move back and Seau to rotate inside. I see Pope and Crowder as the future ILB's and hopefully backing up at OLB. I'd say Jenkins and OA as battling for 1 ST spot. Pope may be the wild card at OLB and I'd expect Crowder to get some time because I doubt Seau and Zach will both make it through the year without get Knicked up(hopefully minor).

On the line I'd expect Carter and Holliday/Roth/Bowens to play end in a 3-4 shift with Taylor moving to a stand up position. Just a guess but it will be fun to see Taylor running around not knowing where he will line up and if he is rushing (like Brushi and Vrabel in NE).

I also wouldn't rule out some more pick ups especially if a DT or safety becomes available since we have the cap space.

Back
Top Bottom