Our LT of the Future is in the Next Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our LT of the Future is in the Next Draft

The more I see of AJ, he's got the arm, toughness, etc. It's just his decision making that worries me. I really don't want to see a zillion balls taken back for T.D's this year, that just kills me.

VanDolPhan said:
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8418674

Like I've been saying. 4 tackles in next years draft and all are better then Barron was this year. Chances are this team is finishing 6-10 and should get a shot at this excellent class of LT's. Barring injury the phins will have thier LT next year. Not to mention one or 2 more guys could rise up the boards to make this a very deep tackle class.

i said that too, but they got mad at me... :shout: :cry:

miami_mi said:
The more I see of AJ, he's got the arm, toughness, etc. It's just his decision making that worries me. I really don't want to see a zillion balls taken back for T.D's this year, that just kills me.

I'm waiting to judge when he has more then 2 seconds to throw the ball. No offense but if you look around the league and see the good qb's you'll find excellent OL's. All too often you'd see Feeley drop back and get hit within 2-2.5 seconds. Poor guy took a beating. However the only team that didn't blitz the crap outta our line was Buffalo for the first quarter and a bit of that game and Feeley tore em up.

So I'm praying that the line gets to at least 'average' so we can truly see what we got with Feeley. If he sucks it up then go to Gus. However I think if he can get 3 to 4 seconds to throw he can play much better.

It depends on alot of things. I think McIntosh will be a good LT for us under Houck. If McIntosh or someone else (Carey/Alabi) steps up, and Feeley doesn't then the pick needs to be QB, where as I said in another thread, there will probably be someone good there because teams don't really need QB's. If its the other way around then yes, there are some very good T's in this draft. If both succeed,and Moore and Spreagan don't, there are also some very good LB's in this draft also.

Spydertl79, not only is McNeill huge, he is also faster than any of Auburn's defensive tackles or O-linemen. He is also incredibly smart(last I heard he is a wireless engineering major). He'll be a good pick up for someone.

Other than Ferguson, McNeil is the most intriguing OT prospect. He was a big, big reason for the success of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac. He needs to improve his pass protection, but he's an absolute monster in the running game.

Oh, and Vince Young sucks. But he'll make a good WR.

I am plannig on selecting in the later part of the first round, and I think Winston, Because of injury, would slide to there. One the other hand I don't think Saban believes in a first round pick going to offensive linemen.

You can't base A.J.'s ability to read the field off last season. Last season's offense was such a mess, A.J. was actually accustomed to making more reads than he made in Miami. For example, take the hot reads on blitzes. A lot of the time, he threw the ball on a blitz where he thought the hot receiver would be. Problem is, there was no hot receiver in that offense last year.

Anyway, Vince Young is not a first round prospect as a quarterback. I don't even think he's a prospect as a quarterback. Some of you have got to get over this idea that mobility is such a damn important quality in a quarterback. You guys are sacraficing passing ability for mobility.

It is premature to put Charlie Whitehurst in the first round as well, though I believe he has the ability to make the type of rise Alex Smith made, maybe not quite to that extent though. Whitehurst was poised to make a meteoric rise last year, but his completion percentage dropped from around 56% in 2003 to around 51% last season while his interceptions went up and touchdowns went down. He's got a great arm, good size, sees the field well, and can move around, but he's got to put it together. He must get that accuracy up to above 60% before I would consider him a first round prospect.

Omar Jacobs put up monster numbers and only suffers from a lack of exposure to this point. He will emerge as a top draft pick this year.

The last thing I want to see is Vince Young under center for this team. People have him incredibly overrated due to the Michigan game, they forget the guy only threw like 11 TDs last yr. He'll show his true colors now that Benson (aka his crutch and the total focus of that O) is gone to the NFL. There is a QB i'd like to see us take from the state of Texas, tho..and that would be Reggie McNeal, from Texas A&M. Yeah I'm a little biased, but this guy reminds me of Culpepper....big, strong, mobile, good arm, accurate. He isnt really a major "name" QB, so we ought to be able to snag him in the latter part of the 1st, maybe even trading up for a 2nd if we go LT with our 1st rounder.

KB21 said:
You can't base A.J.'s ability to read the field off last season. Last season's offense was such a mess, A.J. was actually accustomed to making more reads than he made in Miami. For example, take the hot reads on blitzes. A lot of the time, he threw the ball on a blitz where he thought the hot receiver would be. Problem is, there was no hot receiver in that offense last year.

Anyway, Vince Young is not a first round prospect as a quarterback. I don't even think he's a prospect as a quarterback. Some of you have got to get over this idea that mobility is such a damn important quality in a quarterback. You guys are sacraficing passing ability for mobility.

It is premature to put Charlie Whitehurst in the first round as well, though I believe he has the ability to make the type of rise Alex Smith made, maybe not quite to that extent though. Whitehurst was poised to make a meteoric rise last year, but his completion percentage dropped from around 56% in 2003 to around 51% last season while his interceptions went up and touchdowns went down. He's got a great arm, good size, sees the field well, and can move around, but he's got to put it together. He must get that accuracy up to above 60% before I would consider him a first round prospect.

Omar Jacobs put up monster numbers and only suffers from a lack of exposure to this point. He will emerge as a top draft pick this year.
Young has not been consistant, but he has shown flashes of being a good passer. He may not be a first round pick right now, but he has the talent to be one. If he provides some consistancy this year I could see him in the first. Whitehurst had a bit of a down year last year, but also has the ability to be a first round pick with an improved year this year. I agree with you on Jacobs though. I really like this kid and I would love it if we could get him.

VanDolPhan said:

Like I've been saying. 4 tackles in next years draft and all are better then Barron was this year. Chances are this team is finishing 6-10 and should get a shot at this excellent class of LT's. Barring injury the phins will have thier LT next year. Not to mention one or 2 more guys could rise up the boards to make this a very deep tackle class.

No way this team will have a losing season next season, that is an anomily that happens once about every 15 years. Way to much talent on this team to be sub .500. Our defense alone could go .500 now with a college offense. Offense will be much better coachING WILL BE A LOT BETTER AND THERE WILL BE SOME *SS WHIPPINGS IN STORE. i CAN ONLY HOPE OTHER TEAMS THINK WE ARE THAT BAD BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE A RUDE AWAKINING IN STORE. FOR CRYING OUT LOAD WE BEAT THE SB CHAMPS WITH OUR SORRY TEAM LAST SEASON AND WE ARE A WHOLE LOT BETTER. END RANT:yell:

FinsDontGiveIn said:
No way this team will have a losing season next season, that is an anomily that happens once about every 15 years. Way to much talent on this team to be sub .500. Our defense alone could go .500 now with a college offense. Offense will be much better coachING WILL BE A LOT BETTER AND THERE WILL BE SOME *SS WHIPPINGS IN STORE. i CAN ONLY HOPE OTHER TEAMS THINK WE ARE THAT BAD BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE A RUDE AWAKINING IN STORE. FOR CRYING OUT LOAD WE BEAT THE SB CHAMPS WITH OUR SORRY TEAM LAST SEASON AND WE ARE A WHOLE LOT BETTER. END RANT:yell:

Yes cause speaking in caps makes your opinion mean all that much more.

No offense but I'm being a realist here. We don't know how the offensive line will be. QB's a ? mark. We don't know how Brown will run at this point. Our defense is aging at key positions. I'm all for support as long as there's some realism to it. There's a pretty good chance the phins only win a couple more games this year.

spydertl79 said:
McNiel is a H U G E B I T C H!!! 6'9 335..... holy crap

Id love to have Mcneil cause of his heighth and strength he posseses..even though id take Fergeson over all of em

KB21 said:
You can't base A.J.'s ability to read the field off last season. Last season's offense was such a mess

Exactly. Its weird. This is like starting off with a completely clean slate. I love it. I love the intrigue that next year will bring for us.

VanDolPhan said:

dude if this teams finishes at 6 and 10 or worse i will kiss your hairy azz. If we lost 8 games i would be disappointed. 10 and 6 and i'm sticking to it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom