Our most over rated and under rated players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our most over rated and under rated players

Overrated- Reggie Howard,Will Poole, and McIntosh

Underrated- Chris Chambers and Wes Welker

I hate when people say that our defense "funnels all the tackles to Thomas". Thats such BS. The guy is all over the field and I dont think he'll ever get enough credit.The guy is awsome and our defense would be horrid without him. Its not the design of the defense that gets him tackles! It not the DTs either....its him playing with that intensity that does it. Did you watch the Bengal game last year? It seems every fourth and 1 he comes up with a huge play. The guy is special. He is the most consistent player on our team.

Dphins4me said:
Frankly I think Zach belongs on the Overrated side. He makes routine tackles and no special plays, but gets paid for special plays.
This is what im talking about.

Mcduffie81 said:
I hate when people say that our defense "funnels all the tackles to Thomas". Thats such BS. The guy is all over the field and I dont think he'll ever get enough credit.The guy is awsome and our defense would be horrid without him. Its not the design of the defense that gets him tackles! It not the DTs either....its him playing with that intensity that does it. Did you watch the Bengal game last year? It seems every fourth and 1 he comes up with a huge play. The guy is special. He is the most consistent player on our team.
Before last years collapse. Miami was something like 7-3 with Zach out. I do not think the D would fail without him and in '03 when he missed the player taking his place ended the game with 18 total tackles & 14 solo. Kinda throws a kink in the he is special and the D does not funnell plays to him. And the player who replaced him, is no longer in the NFL at this time. Hmmm. Special? I think not.

I also disagree with you about Zach coming up with the big plays at crunch time. I recall a 4th & 2 in Minn against a 3-10 a couple of years ago when a tackle puts Miami in the playoffs and Zach with help from Rodgers hit Culpepper behind the line on a QB sneak only to allow him to make the first down. Those are the plays he is being paid to make.

I also recall James running over Zach at the goalline about 3 years ago.

Zach is what he is. A good MLB that will get you tackles, just do not ask him to make the game changing plays. Zach at one time was one of the best in the NFL, but like with every player that times has past. He is no longer the player he was in '98. See him for what he is today, not what he once was.

I will also add that last year was the best he has played in about 4 or 5 years.

Bryan Gilmore is a bit under-rated. I think given the right opportunity, he could be an impact player in this league. Not to mention, he's 1 of the fastest players in the league.

FinaticPatch said:
In know ill catch some heat so what the heck.......

I think Chamber is very overrated, every year he gets mentioned with the leagues elite,(top 20) but up till now it is all just speculation cause he has yet to show he can play with the leagues elite.

For underrated Ill go with Seau

He take alot of heat but he really hasnt lst that much of a step , he just happens to be playing next to a guy named Zach Thomas who in our Vanilla D was funneled all tackles. But with a more versatile D with more blitzing and schemes we should all have alot of fun watching him create havok in teams backfields.

I agree 100% that at this point Chambers is overrated. Especially by Dolphin fans. He doesn't even have a 1000 yards season on his resume. Hopefully this year with better coaching and a better QB, he will live up to the hype.
As for ZT. He is most definitely NOT overrated. And he 's not underrated. He his consistent and plays hard all the time. You ALWAYS know what you will get from ZAch Thomas when he steps onto the football field.

Sam Madison is NOT overrated IMO. I feel like he out played Pat last year. No INT's hurt him last year, but other than that. He's still great.

Big Randy McMike is extremely under-rated. He's one of the better TE's in the league.

With such a shaky QB situation in the past and in the near future, a blocking and catching TE is a developing(Feeley) and a less than steller veteran(Gus) QB's best friend. Randy has been and will continue to be a KEY saftey valve for these passers until they can get comfortable behind the line enough to take viable shots downfield.

The proper utilization of Brown in the flats will also provide a great avenue for these QB's to sink into the offense.

Right now TE is one of the the most important positions on the fins team, and Randy owns it but rarely gets the respect he deserves.

CChambers7284 said:
Under Rated

Zach Thomas- he is always among the league leaders in tackles and seems to be in or around every play.

Chambers- People dont real,ize that he led the AFC in TDs in 2003 despite our team throwing around 15 TDs.

Matt Turk- He was around the top of the league in Punts last year. W/o him the few games we did win might not of happened.

Wes Welker- He changed some games for us.

Over Rated

Tebucky Jones- he has always been over rated and for people to think he is an upgrade to Knight or Freeman is crazy. Both Knight and Freeman are very good players who didnt get any credit.

Sam Madison- Last year he had 0 INTs. He gets burned alot and seems to be missing on some plays.

Will Poole- everyone acts like he is so great but alst year he was our #4 corner. How could you guys act like he would have been a great CB this year when he has barely played.

OK WHO IS GONNA BEAT 2 OF TOP 5 CB IN DA LEAGUE
UR A ROOKIE UR SUPPOSE 2 SIT AND YEA IT TAKES TIME 2 DEV

Back
Top Bottom