Our next signing for the offseason will be... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our next signing for the offseason will be...

Originally posted by dolphan39
Jim Bates

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7767184.htm

nice of him to still work w/o a contract

The only thing about our D that I think needs some tweeking is... Our blitz packages.. We need to mix it up a little more. I would like to see some more corner and safety Blitzes. Maybe even send a nickle or dime CB in sometimes. IMHO, we were to predictable with our blitzes. I like Jim Bates though, I think is one of those guys who has improved from year to year. I really like his willingness to change things up a bit.

Did I not here prior to the start of the season that there were packages which included taylor and surtain lining up as linebackers and blitzing. I think i heard the name 'viper' floated around.

Did these work or were they not used that often because I remember the commentators mentioning this in an early game, but there was no mention for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Did I not here prior to the start of the season that there were packages which included taylor and surtain lining up as linebackers and blitzing. I think i heard the name 'viper' floated around.

Did these work or were they not used that often because I remember the commentators mentioning this in an early game, but there was no mention for the rest of the season.

Yeah yeah... It was called "Tiger" It worked really well against the Bills on that Sunday night. I think it was J. Taylor that got the sack, he came flying into the middle. It was only used a few times though, I think.

they used the "Tiger" D a little bit where we had 3 DLmen and JT lined up as MLB so that he c/ blitz some. It worked to get JT freer, but certainly did not make much of an impact

Back
Top Bottom