**** our offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** our offense

We are limited by our OL. That’s what’s holding us back. Solidify the OL then we can talk about what the offense looks like.
exactly this. Our o-line, which was on full display last night, only allows us to use plays that develop in under 2 seconds. Our line had a horrible game last night and we are lucky Tua wasnt hurt. His pocket presence has really developed quickly. Once he has a line he can trust, the offense should come alive.

We can’t always use that as an excuse. If that’s the case run no huddles and design quick outs. We have won 6 games in a row with this same oline.
it's more of a fact then an excuse.

the vanilla-dive up the middle running plays are the bigger issue for me. Godsey isn't telling the QB where to go with the ball on passing plays (there are probably about zero plays in our playbook that dont have AT LEAST one intermediate route). If we decide to ride with Tua, this is our offense for the next couple of years, not exciting but if we find a way to keep winning, I think we all will take it.

The very same you think? Not missing their QB’s or 20 other guys? Luckily they were out, we managed 13 points today on offense.
You do know most of their D line was intact right? And most of those on the COVID list were PS players. Yeah they were out there starting tackles and 3 key defenders and QB (Hill and Winston wouldn’t have fared better with this D), but let’s not go overboard saying they had their whole team in COVID protocol. No one batted an eye when this team was floundering without their key players the beginning of the year.

No, but he can play franchise QB
No better than
Dude, Watson played at an MVP level it’s not his fault Bill O’Brien depleted the roster
Dude, Davis Mills getting his sea legs after sitting out last Stanford season and with no tc 1st team reps has recently done as well or better than the perv on a team that's arguably worse than last season. Sort of deflates those Watson numbers no doubt largely amassed against prevent Ds

Given what Tua has done with so little it's hard to believe that he would not have won more than 4 games f starting for Houston last season!

The offense will look much better next year when Deshaun Watson is under center
so we give up how many draft picks and pay him how much????
personally i'd rather spend that money on 2 FA Olinemen and use some picks on oline and make our line into a top 5 unit..
don't hold me to the exact numbers but i saw on espn this morning that when Tua has 2.50 sec or more to throw he averaged 12.5+ypa. less than 2.5 secs and it was something like 4yd per attempt
Watson is good but the cost in terms of picks and salary is way too high, imo

Have to agree. Godfrey is a horrible play caller. That sequence where we have it 2nd and 8 and rolling and he calls for a low percentage side line pass to make it 3rd and 8 and then Tua (who has atrocious pocket awareness) takes a 13 yard sack. That translates to a 60 yard FG that is Ofcourse missed and 3 easy points off the board.
60 yard FG attempt, and "easy points" should not be in the same sentence. And every QB in the league takes a stupid sack now and then.

Can't do much when your QB is running for his life as soon as he snaps the football. Jesse Davis is one of the worse tackles I've ever seen. Liam Eichenberg, rookie or not, has been atrocious. I hope there's some serious growth ahead. Tua needs time in the pocket and WRs need more than a second to run deeper routes.

Fix the OL and add a few more playmakers. Get a real RB1. Offense will be putting up numbers in 2022.

Back
Top Bottom