Our Oline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Oline

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Where exactly are we the day before the draft as far as the oline is concerned? Do we have a backup center?(is St Clair suposed to be this??? He aint played the position since college so that dont sound good to me..) Do we have a swing tackle? Or is that supposed to be some combination between St. Claire/Jerman/McIntosh(when healthy)?? The line seems to be still priority one to me(and alot of others on here obviously). The trade with Philly seems like a great move if they can pull it off. Moving back grabbing a good guard, then drafting Grove at centre would seem to make our oline pretty good. I think having competition for McKinney at center is still a must. This leaves us with 10 olinemen, I'm not sure if thats too many and hell who knows if that eagles trade will happen but it would seem to make sense to me(although I'm no football expert).

LT:SMITH
LG:WELbourne/James
C:Grove/McKinney
RG:Welbourne/james
RT:McIntosh/St.Claire

Backup Tackles: McIntosh/St.claire, Jerman
Backup Guards: Whitley, Yates, McKinney/Grove
Backup Centers: Grove/Mckinney

what about yates at backup center? seems he has a smaller build that would suggest center more than guard, but does he have the movement skills?

If we pick up an OL in 1 or 2, we should be pretty set, whether it's Andrews, Snee, Smiley, Grove, Carey ... We have the ability to move guys around such that four of the five should be a big improvement over last year and with regard to the rookie, will only get better as the season goes along. If Big Mac Makes it back this season, our line will definitely be pretty damned good. First time that could be said in many years.

Hmm I'm no expert but from what i remember of Yates was he was an undrafted guard, whom outplayed our 3rd round pick in Whitley at TC last year...(another reason why our oline worries me) Also i believe Center is alot different then guard cuz u have to call out changes at the line...Honestly i have no idea what we need to do with this line but we need to do something, and I sure hope our Oline coach is prepared to work his *** off in TC cuz our whole offense is goin to come down on waht kinda job he does to bring whomever we have together as a cohesive unit.

I agree with this post. The OLine has got to be a priority. Frankly as desperate as our situation is I am suprised we are even tlaking about WR or anything else with the first pick.

We have neglected the line for far too long.

Miami addressed part of the line last year. Whitney was drafted to help this year or next.

Whitney was beaten out for his job by his college teammate who was undrafted in Yates. McKinney had trouble beating out Ruddy, and had trouble Making the calls on the line, thats why i kinda think if we did trade down that Grove would be a good pick up. If we managed to get Welbourne in the trade down as well then our oline looks pretty good(saying that they come together as a unit)

If the Welbourne trade happens (I have no clue how true those rumors are), then that gives us a lot of flexibility with the 28th pick. We will still get a standout reciever, or BPA.

So you would replace someone who has a problem because of lack of experience with someone else with less experience.

fin-atic said:
We have neglected the line for far too long.

Far, far too long....

If we take anything other than an OLman in round one, I'll be very surprised. We can draft one, so we should take one....

When I look at the offense, I see every position filled except along the OL. It's time to make that our strength....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

also, eff last year. Forget everything you know about last year. Young players change year to year

John St Claire was a center in college - it is his best position. Don't rule out him starting at center and McKinney at RG.

If we trade with the Eagles adding Welbourne , I think Grove is the best pick for our needs. Everyone wanted to get a OL after the June 1st cuts. If we trade for Welbourne we get the vet we wanted and by drafting Grove I think we could end up with one of the best Ol's in football

Starting line
LT- Smith
LG- James
C- Grove
RG- Welborne
RT- St. Clair/McIntosh(when healthy)

Back
Top Bottom