Our Opening Drive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Opening Drive

Fin Thirteen

Club Member
Reaction score
3rd and 3 on the 7 yard line. Questionable playcalling the previous 2 downs. This is the kind of situation where we would have called the run in the past and got stopped a yard short. If there was a game situation that sends shivers up the collective Dolphindom spine, it would be us screwing up a 3rd and 3 in the redzone and settling for a field goal. Esp early in the game, when we tend to be flatter that the earth in Colombus's atlas.

Instead, Lazor calls it courageously and beautifully. Receivers are lined up on the strong side, but Lamar, Hoskins and Clay all flow to the weakside post-snap. Tannehill is in the shotgun. The o-line handles the heat and Tannehill drops in a peach of a throw, with perfect touch, between two defenders, to Clay - who has beaten his LB and broken to the corner of the endzone.

To me, that was a great playcall and flawless execution, in a spot that we traditionally would flame out . If there's been a play in the past few weeks that just encapsulates the hope I now have of this team being a credible force in the NFL for once, that was it.

Something is building here. These kind of plays are becoming routine. We're not just tough to beat anymore. We're starting to believe, regardless of down or distance. Hold onto your seats people...

Very well said.

I saw a "back of the end zone" view of the opening drive pass. It wasn't as easy as it looked as RT had to put it over the defender but not too much that is wasn't catchable. Nicely done by RT and a great play design.

Back
Top Bottom