Our options at 16 IMO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our options at 16 IMO

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
This year's field is loaded with first round talent if you ask me. I think our pick could potentially turn into an NFL superstar and with Nick doing the evaluting, I'm confident that will happen. Here are the options I see us having:
We all know that there are 4 maybe 5 posistions that are possibilities with that pick. Those are WR, DB, OLB, DT, and maybe O-Line. I'm going to say we won't go O-line since the only one who would be worthy of first round that could possibly be around, is Winston Justice from USC. IMO, he will be gone though. So, I think we have these options.
WR
Chad Jackson Florida
Santonio Holmes Ohio State
If both those guys are gone, I think there is no way we go WR.
DB
Jimmy Williams Virginia Tech
Tye Hill Clemson
Jason Allen Tennessee
Donte Whitner Ohio State
Anotnio Cromartie Florida State
If those WRs are gone I believe we take any of these top 4 guys on this list
OLB
Ernie Simms Florida State
Chad Greenway Iowa
I don't see us going LB in the first but we'll see
DT
Brodrick Bunkley Florida State

That is 10 picks that I would be pretty happy with. Guys that I think will be gone although are
Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, and maybe Chad Greenway
Guys I would rather not see in the first are:
Brodrick Bunkley, Ernie Simms, and Antonio Cromartie.

So that leaves us with Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, Tye Hill and Jason Allen.
Looks like to me we are going either WR or DB. I say if Jackson is there, take him but not Holmes.
So my draft strategy is if Jackson is there get him, if not get either Whitner, Hill, Allen or WIlliams.

What do you guys think?

sounds ok to me.
1st round WRs rarely make a huge impact in their first year or two (and there's nothing wrong with that), or we'll have to read the obligatory so-and-so is a bust threads for a few years. But Booker's only got a few years left, so the time is right to get ourselves a guy like Jackson.
But it's a deep DB class, and a shallow WR class this year. We could probably get a great corner/safety like Allen who might be a top 12 guy any other year, so we could take a guy like Jackson who might be a 20-25 guy any given year. Either one is a true first-rounder, but I guess you can figure out who I would go with

unifiedtheory said:
Bunkley won't fall to #16.

IFFFFFFF he did and we passed that would be a horrid move.

Greenway or Carpenter in the first.

id rather not go with greenway. for some reason he reminds me of a Roth and i'd rather go with Carpenter b/c he seems more like a game smart guy and actually is and more like ZT.

SR 7 said:
id rather not go with greenway. for some reason he reminds me of a Roth and i'd rather go with Carpenter b/c he seems more like a game smart guy and actually is and more like ZT.

I thought it was just me but I am glad that someone sees a little bit of Roth in Greenway. It may be too early to judge Roth but I don't think he will be a great player.

Tureo said:
I thought it was just me but I am glad that someone sees a little bit of Roth in Greenway. It may be too early to judge Roth but I don't think he will be a great player.
I think he will be good but an armstrong/bosch type. remember armstrong? that was his name right? lolll trace armstrong i believe but anyways, thats what they seem like. a GOOD SOLID player but not far passed that or great. not the franchise player

I think Greenway is an outstanding player. I feel the same way about Donte Whitner. They are my two "targets" in round one.

It is a tough call to make because this is the deepest DB draft I have ever seen since I started following football really closely. There are up to 10 guys who could possibly go in the first round. But there is a problem with this, not a single one of these guys will fall to the 3rd round when we pick. If we can some how package a deal that gets us into the top 15 in that 2nd round, then drafting a Jackson or Holmes is a GREAT move. But if we keep our current picks, we must go DB in that first round.

I think regardless of what happens, our first round guy will be starting next year.

unifiedtheory said:
Bunkley won't fall to #16.

IFFFFFFF he did and we passed that would be a horrid move.

Greenway or Carpenter in the first.

I strongly disagree. You have to look at our roster. Yes, Bunkley is a tremendous talent and will be a nice pick up for whoever pulls the trigger on him. BUT, defensive tackle is 4th or 5th on our list of needs at this point. A reciever or defensive back would be the logical choice while trying to fill that OLB need through free agency. But, like I've said, we should pull the trigger one of those many talented defensive backs in that first round.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I strongly disagree. You have to look at our roster. Yes, Bunkley is a tremendous talent and will be a nice pick up for whoever pulls the trigger on him. BUT, defensive tackle is 4th or 5th on our list of needs at this point. A reciever or defensive back would be the logical choice while trying to fill that OLB need through free agency. But, like I've said, we should pull the trigger one of those many talented defensive backs in that first round.

we go BPA not needs

Aqua4Ever04 said:
So if Matt Leinhart falls to us we should draft him?

yea, 100% we would. we still might take Young if he falls

SR 7 said:
yea, 100% we would. we still might take Young if he falls

Wow! I couldn't disagree with you more. Would you suggest the Colts take a QB in the first round if that was the best player available? Vince Young is going to be a big bust so forget about that. You can mark my words on that one too.

I think we go BPA but it only includes 4 or 5 posistions which are DB, WR, OLB, OL, and maybe DT.

Back
Top Bottom