Our owner and spending | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our owner and spending

touborg

Board Linebacker
Reaction score
Currently, we have one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the league. I love it, because it seems that instead of getting Wannys buddies, we actually good coaches.

Here is what I worry about:

Did Wayne spend all this money to keep us happy for a few years, or is getting excellent (and expensive) coaches the new style of the Miami Dolphins?

I'd hate for this to be a one time wonder to satisfy fans.

touborg said:
Currently, we have one of the most expensive coaching staffs in the league. I love it, because it seems that instead of getting Wannys buddies, we actually good coaches.

Did Wayne spend all this money to keep us happy for a few years, or is getting excellent (and expensive) coaches the new style of the Miami Dolphins?

I think Waynes bottom line is ok

#124 on the Forbes 500
http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/54/2004/LIR.jhtml?passListId=54&passYear=2004&passListType=Person&uniqueId=E353&datatype=Person

touborg said:

Don't you think its possible that opening the wallett and getting good coaches, or maybe even great coaches, will help us win???? THAT'S whats going to make all of us happy.

If you are refering to his building up and then selling the Marlins, keep in mind, teams in the NFL make money. There have been articles over the years about how much Wayne likes owning the Phins and how they are on a whole differant level than his flirtation with baseball.

I believe this is Wayne's true committment to getting a winning franchise in Miami.

More wins = more $. Lot more people in the stands when you win and alot more merchandise being sold.

The man is a astute business man, his past dealings have always made money, and besides, the cost of the coaching staff is a small investment,(for him) compared to the possible success of this team. You have to spend money to make money.

Syra39 said:
The man is a astute business man, his past dealings have always made money, and besides, the cost of the coaching staff is a small investment,(for him) compared to the possible success of this team. You have to spend money to make money.

Very true....There are a lot of write-offs like salaries & equipment too and his tax advisers are probably the best also.... His life has been a remarkable
one, to say the least:cool:

Syra39 said:

well said ....I agree

Wayne is a football fan. He was never a baseball fan. He bought the marlins as an investment, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom