Our pal Pete P. takes his weekly swing at us / Ray Lucas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our pal Pete P. takes his weekly swing at us / Ray Lucas

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Our pal Pete P. takes his weekly swing at us

Now he's sticking up for Ray Mucus, telling us we need to get off his back-

"Did you see what unemployed quarterback Ray Lucas had to say last week about the blame being given him for the Dolphins failure to make the playoffs last season? Lucas went 0-3 and was terrible in his three starts in relief of Jay Fiedler last year. So when Miami missed the playoffs by one game, the fans blamed it on Lucas, even though if Miami had won one of its final two games, started by Fiedler, it would have been in the playoffs. "I didn't play the last two games," Lucas told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "We still could have won the division and been in the playoffs. I didn't play the last two games. So you tell me. You can blame the season on me all you want. But that's all I'm going to say about it. That's my one shot at the whole thing: I didn't play the last two games. I'll take the whole thing on my shoulders. I don't care; it doesn't bother me. But I didn't play the last two games. Period. I didn't. That's gonna sound bitter. But ... I think I am a little bitter." If it's win-and-you're-in and you don't, the blame rests on the entire team. Miami fans need to get off Lucas' back, especially because many of them were screaming for him to be the team's starter during the 2002 preseason. The Cowboys are still considering signing Lucas, where he would be reunited with Bill Parcells."
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6565824

Gotta love this guy Lucas though...

...one more game would have put us over the top. So his throwing 4 interceptions and fumbling twice to hand Barfalo their seasons easiest road victory had nothing to do with it?

Everybody knows we don't win on the road in December (until we start doing so). Thats why we have to play so hard in the bit of the season before - not throw 3 games away by playing like animated doggy doo.

Any other one of his crap performances would have given us homefield. Worse than ruining my trip to Miami for the playoffs in January he has also given Prisco ammunition for his weekly swipe at us.

Justify yourself all you want Lucas, but you're unemployed for a reason. Good luck with the "want fries with that?"

He's a moron if he can't figure out that had he not stunk in a couple games, we wouldn't be worrying about the last two games. He was 2-4 for Christ's sake, he needed to be at least .500, and he couldn't manage. Because of him, Norv had to simplify the offense, so much, that it looked like freaking high school plays out there. He was underprepared, and overhyped, and totally at fault for how we stunk. His sucking caused a major snowball affect on the rest of the offense, except of course, Ricky.

From the same article....

"Douglas, by the way, admitted this week he was a bit out of shape, which has to be a concern to the Jaguars front office since they paid him a mighty sum to sign him in free agency. But the team isn't worried since Douglas has nothing to prove in the preseason. "

Will this game really show us how good Wade is then?

Sorry, he's got a point. Yep, he stunk it up but he wasn't playing in the last two games. If we would have one either one of them we would have probably been in the playoffs.

I aggree with Puckas

He stunk it up, but he didn't play the last two games, nor did the defense in the 4th quarter

Yeah, I fail to see how this is a shot at the Phins. They didn't make the playoffs .... the whole team is to blame for that, not just one person. It is completely unreasonable to blame an entire season on one player ... yes, Lucas sucked but so did the D in the 4th quarter of the New England game.

And as for Prisco's assessment of PhinPhans wanting Lucas over Fiedler ... is he wrong? I don't understand how he is a "moron" for this article.

If you want to read only things spun in the Dolphins favor just read Miami Dolphins press releases and hide underneath a rock when it comes to any other media source ... you'll be a lot happier.

The article was stupid, but Ray Lucas is right he didnt play the last 2 games so we cant blame him. You cant really blame one person on the collapse of the team, sure bringing in a veteran qb to back up fiedler helps cause maybe we wouldnt have been in that situation where we needed to win our last 2 games on the road, but the bottom line its a team effort.

Last year sucked, get over it and move on.

You can blame Lucas for putting us in a position where we had to win one of our last two games to make the play-offs.....he does have a point, to a certain degree.....collectively I think pretty much everyone deserves blame, except Ricky. I don't think he really could have done more than he did.

LUCAS SUX MY !#@#$^$

END OF STORY we had 6 defensive probowlers and the number one rusher in the league.

he blew it, we were a solid team last year. We couldnt throw with him, hell he even had trouble handing the ball off to Ricky. We had to rush Fiedler back before he was ready because no one on the team had in any confidence in RAY LUCAS including the coaches, the players, the fans, and yes RAY LUCAS himself. SCREW YOU LUCAS YOU BLEW IT!!!

BTW I usually dont resort to smack tactics, but if Ray Pukas is gonna whine like a girl, then Im firing back in defense for my Dolphins.

BOTTOM LINE LUCAS, keep your mouth shut if you dont want people reminding you of how horrendous you actually played last year.

YOU SUCK!!!!

Hey, he's correct, aside from the buffalo nightmare(which he lost all by his lonesome), the whole team sh*t the bed. The last two games were a disgrace. Teams win and lose not players. Yo can't expect him to shoulder losses by the entire organization. Coaches on down. You could just as easily blame Mare and Royals' sorry performance against NE.

Good luck in Dallas Ray you'll need it.

Originally posted by dolfan4good
From the same article....

"Douglas, by the way, admitted this week he was a bit out of shape, which has to be a concern to the Jaguars front office since they paid him a mighty sum to sign him in free agency. But the team isn't worried since Douglas has nothing to prove in the preseason. "

Will this game really show us how good Wade is then?

That's his problem if he's out of shape ;p.

Back
Top Bottom