Our pal Pete P. takes his weekly swing at us / Ray Lucas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our pal Pete P. takes his weekly swing at us / Ray Lucas

C'mon guys, if any of us were in Luca's situation wouldn't you also be pointing at the last two games? Yeah he stunk it up REALLY bad in a couple of games but one extra field goal in the New England game, one extra catch in the Minnesota game, etc, etc....and this isn't even a discussion. If he played bad enough to loose 2 games single handedly, that gives the rest of the TEAM 14 games to make it up and they didn't. I can't help but think back to his play while he was starting and point my finger but the fact is it's a 16 game season. For his sake, his careers sake and his family's sake, I hope Dallas does pick him up and he repairs some of the damage to his reputation.

I hate him for the way he played last year. Ive never ever hated any other player and usually respect all pro athletes, but no matter how hard i try, i cannot help it.

I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mee The reason why I say Pete is a moron is he writes many articles with no substance. And his assesments of the fins are never opinions set on facts, there opinions set on the fact he doesnt like the team. Which if you know anything about him he has declared this very verbally.

Thats why I think hes a MORON

Lucas should have said it's a team game and the team didn't make the playoffs. He should have kept it at that. Wanny never said Ray Lucas is the reason we didn't make the playoffs. He said we had some adversity with losing our starting qb and we weren't able to overcome it.

We didn't make the playoff because we failed to take care of business in the final 2 weeks. Sheesh... I'm tired of making Ray Lucas the scapegoat.

Had Ray Lucas' incompetence put us out of playoff contention when Fiedler returned, I could understand the argument. Lucas was terrible and easily cost us 1-2 more games than Jay would have, but we were the #2 seed in the AFC and in control of our own destiny after we beat the Oakland Raiders. But blaming Lucas for not making the playoffs is just too easy.

We didn't make the playoffs because we had no killer instinct in the final 2 games. If those same players don't play with their backs to the wall, it'll be the same deal this season. Here's to hoping our additions and an off-season of misery brings something different out of this team... I think it's more than possible.

Well, nothing he said was wrong. He didn't play those final two games. But then yet, a pilot isn't flying a plane after it's hit a mountain even if he's still in the pilot seat.

Fact of the matter is, he's trying to change the focus away from himself by pointing out and trying to push the blame onto someone else instead of being a man and accepting the fact that he started the flat spin he created by losing 4 game out of 6. He pushed the team into a nose dive, but refuses to accept responsibility for it.

Fact is, he got a 5-1 team when he started. He left Jay with a 7-5 team with doubt about themselves and wondering why they were leaderless.

Its like he pushed the team off a cliff and then is saying he didn't kill them, the impact with the ground did. Sorry Ray, either man up about it or just fade away into nothingness that you so deserve.

The meltdown in new England was far worse than anything Pucas did IMHO. The fish badly outclassed the Patriots for 56 minutes, I actually had Pats fans tell me this, and totally blow it in the last 4. That was the single most disgusting thing that happened last season hands down.

That the season came down to the last week was the entire problem. Lucas **** his pants so bad and wiped himself with the playbook so the only pass plays you could use maybe fit one page of it.
Two games into Lucas teams knew what plays you could not execute for a given situation and were forcing ray to do things he didnt like to do- like throw passes other qb make consistently.
That he was even kept on the team as the number two when other qb outdid him on the field in preseason (Kustok could have beat a .33% record) puts the blame where it should lie.
WANNY sucks, he did nothing in Chicago. Norv sucks, the Chargers and Deadskins were jokes when he ran them.

The players are in place to win, Moore is out your depth is already a question at key positions....let's see how many full contact or brutal practices in heat wanny forces to cause more injuries.
The scope of his gun has a foot outline in it so when shoots his own it will be direct hit.

Knight, Seau, Zach, thomas, playmking db... Ricky MVP status. Those guys will win IN SPITE of Wanny. IF that assclown gets his head on straight for playoffs and the team is healthy somewhat with at least one home game to play early, you should be playing for Championship and a shot for the trophy.
Ricky can run through stupidity and come out halfway decent... Ditka was proof of that fact. The phins should pay Zach and Ricky head coach money and let them call the plays, you would win more of the games you are supposed to then.

It is still about the players, per man your team your team is good as any in the East on either side of ball. Let them do it wanny, get out of the way and take the credit when it works, just dont get bright ideas and tell them what to do(see also week 17), vet teams know how to get it done.

While the Fins did crap away those final two games (which they could have won), Lucas put them in that situation. If he hadn't sucked it up so bad there never would have been a 3 way tie and all that crap, so it is Lucas' fault no matter how you look at it. Period.

If it wasn't for the Buffalo nightmare no one would ever care what what Ray Lucas did or didn't do. The fact remains this is a team game, but his first game he lost it singlehandedly. If he played an average game no one would even talk about Ray Lucas, but on the other hand he had his chance to take over the QB job, and he couldn't even put up an average game. I know the problems of last season didn't revolve around Ray, but he has to realize he will never get as good of a chance to take over a team again, and he didn't capitalize. He said it it he didn't play the in the last 2 games. If he would have proven himself in the other games he would have been playing the last two, but he couldn't get it done.

Bottom line for me is that Lucas didnt show up at his position on this team. The QB is the most improtant. this article is nothing but PP being just that. other guys like freeman who didnt show up got new competition, although he didnt lose his job, he may well in the future. ray lucas is not all to blame, but its not a wise move on his part to say that cus other coaches will see that and say that is a bad attitude. you either played good or you stunk it up. ray stunk it up. he was not alone however.

Prisco probably spends all of his time to look at ways to talk **** about the Dolphins. This guy is pathetic. He doesn't understand that if Lucas didn't throw a bunch of games away, we would have made the playoffs.

The stadium is named after prisco, same initials, PP stadium...:goof:

I refuse to read his article. See, I am not mad. I see his new article posted and I just laugh, and don't read them. He is a NY homer, what do you really think he is going to say anything good about Miami?

Back
Top Bottom