Our Qb situation V.s Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Qb situation V.s Draft

i got da juice

Starter
Reaction score
if i had to infer what our qb lineup will be i would say beck and mccown as the backup. note-IMO mccown would have started all 16 games for us last season is is an ample starter in this leauge and can hold his own as the leader of any franchise. i am a beck guy but that will have no effect of the legitamacey of this thread. i see people sateing in threads that we should draft brohm, henne or flacco with 32. this is mind boggleing, i have studies this years draft prospects and the only qb that is better than our qb staff is matt ryan and it is so minimal not worth it. beck is better than henne, brohm and flacco. and i see mcownn being better than henne and flacco for sure, mabey equal skill set as brohm's highest projection. the dolphins were a 1-15 team last season and 1-15 team's have a lot of problems-d line, oline ( tackle and gaurd) , mlb, db, te and olb are just a few that are more hurting than qb. we have made great strides in fa and via the dallas trade to bulster our d line. that still leaves us with six players to cover the rest of our needs. now im not saying we can get a quick fix in the draft or that we need to pretend that everyplayer we draft will have a big impact on us as a team but in my calculations we have the first 2 seconds and a third that will make a visible impact. i for one do not feel like we should waste one of those on a qb. if everyone is right about us needing a qb so badly than we should be in a simialr situation next season, which i doubt, and we can take a qb in our top 5 pick.

Regardless what anyone says we do need a QB badly, that isn't even up for debate with and logical person. The Question is will Beck be that person. I don't think it's fair to Beck to totally rule him out BUT I don't think it's fair to the Franchise or the fans to be expected to put everything on hold for Beck after his poor performance last season. Therefore I think it is in the Dolphins best interest to draft someone they feel can start and let them compete for the privilege to quarterback the Miami Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom