Over the Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Over the Cap

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Heard you guys are 16 million over next years cap. Then fins couldn't even get past the first round w/ this years core players, I wonder what would happen if you lost more to salary cap problems and free agency.

We are 13 million, and we all know our cap problems, but since Bowens, Irwin, and Goodwin combine for over 10 million against the cap and they will all be released, im not too worried about the problems. At least we don't pay a crappy QB 11 million dollars a year (hopefully our management doesn't take Jay for 5 million a year.)

:lol: nice one ice.
Some of you guys would agree that Fiedler is not the guy to take you guys to the SB. Why don't you guys get "Boy Toy Troy"? He'll play for free just to hang out in South Beach and he gets to wear his thongs.lol.jk

Originally posted by justafan
:lol: nice one ice.
Some of you guys would agree that Fiedler is not the guy to take you guys to the SB. Why don't you guys get "Boy Toy Troy"? He'll play for free just to hang out in South Beach and he gets to wear his thongs.lol.jk

At least Troy is better then Jim Kelly. I hate Fiedler, and I hope he leaves. I think that Troy would suck if he came here as well. I still want McNown to start.

Ice did you watch Cade play in Chicago? Man it wasn't pretty., he made Fiedler look like a god.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Ice did you watch Cade play in Chicago? Man it wasn't pretty., he made Fiedler look like a god.

He had some good games there though, most notably the first game of the 2000 season, his second season. He didn't do well there because a) his only good WR was always injured b) because he was forced to start as a rookie and had lots of pressure on him and c) because he was unhappy. Now in Miami, he has good WRs, not a lot of pressure on him, and he didn't play this season. I think he would do way better than Jay did this year if he starts next year.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We are 13 million, and we all know our cap problems, but since Bowens, Irwin, and Goodwin combine for over 10 million against the cap and they will all be released, im not too worried about the problems. At least we don't pay a crappy QB 11 million dollars a year (hopefully our management doesn't take Jay for 5 million a year.)

We are 16 million over. Here's the link.

Salary cap problems worse than expected

yup it's going to be interesting to see who is still a Dolphin in the spring.

anyone we exposed to the expansion draft as well as Brock will need to re-negotiate or be cut or may just be cut either way (i.e. JJJ)

FYI

The bonus money($3 million) are NLTBE, that's why they count vs 2002 cap though earned in 2001. However, That bonus money can be converted into signing bonus and amortized. Granted, it wouldn't result in much cap savings but it would help ya!

Back
Top Bottom