Owens to Miami talk on Around The Horn after the commercial break | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owens to Miami talk on Around The Horn after the commercial break

Everyone (except Mariotti) bought it and thought it was a good idea for Owens to go to Miami. They said that it is run-only offense and we are too easy to defend. They said that we need a big time reciever to help ease Ricky. One of them even said that Ricky doesn't have many years left if he keeps getting pounded like he has.

Mariotti sold it and said that he would hate it down here with Fiedler, especially if he hated Garcia.

They also addressed that we need to sign Owens because of the Marino debacle and something to help this organization get back onto the front pages.

All good points. Platschke is ON FIRE today baby.

(ALL PARAPHRASED)

Mariotti: "I'm sellin, hand it to Ricky. If Terrell Owens is complaining about Jeff Garcia, whats he gonna say about JAY FIEDLER?!?!?"

Holley: "I'm buyin, handing it to Ricky is the PROBLEM everyone knows that they are doing it and its not workin! The Patriots basically played a 46 defense against them."

Platschke: "I'm buyin too, Ricky's gonna wear down if they keep handing it to him like that he won't have many years left. Also one thing to keep in mind and do NOT underestimate is the wake of the whole Dan Marino disaster! That miami front office NEEDS to do something that draws attention away from that fiasco and Terrell Owens could be it"

Blackistone: "I'm buying, I've said for years that TO needs to get out of San Francisco and Miami would be a great place for him to be in"

Host: "Come on guys, who is going to throw him the ball? Jay Fiedler? Brian Griese? Miami doesn't know WHAT they are gonna do at the quarterback position that can hardly be an ideal situation for TO"

I don't see how he doesn't end up in Philly. They really are a player or two away. All they need is someone to catch the ball.

the only way he doesnt end up in philly is if andy reid has his way. hes just not an andy reid type of guy.. either reid will have to change his mind, or be convinced it can work.

I could see him here. Wanny can't control anybody and acts lost most of the time. Owens could walk all over him. Perfect fit for Owens.

Wilbon on PTI also said he would be a good fit here. I agree. I think we sign him and draft Rivers at QB in 1st round. Best scenario IMO. T.O. is just what we need IMO. Someone who gets pumped on offense and who will not take any crap from anyone. If someone slacks, he won't be afraid to point it out. He could be like our Seau of our offense.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Sign T.O and trade 1st for Ramsey.. B-I-N-G-O

Not Ramsey :mad:, or at least not for a 1st. I'd rather have a restructured Griese contract and Rivers than Ramsey.

ramsey only costs 1 million roughly, the money we save on brunell we could theoretically sign TO, we just wouldnt have an O-line again unless our guys really stepped up

Back
Top Bottom