Owners looking to save face? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owners looking to save face?

Finfanohio

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was just listening to Sal Paolantonio on ESPN. He said he was on the phone with the clerk of the 8th District Court. The clerk told him that the owners have requested to have a ruling by the end of business today.

To me this seems like the owners could be looking to gain the favor of the fans if a stay is not granted. By making sure they receive a ruling by the end of business today, the NFL could make a statement before the draft telling teams that player trades can be pursued.

Is there any other reason why the owners would want a ruling so fast? When the whole point of a stay is to keep the lockout in place longer.

My guess is that if a stay is not granted that player trades will be available during the first round of the draft tonight. This would be a good move by the NFL who is being made into the bad guy by the courts.

Simple solution let us fans use Jones, Richardson, and Goodell as a pinata!

It's an attempt to give teams some certainty as far as trading players at draft.

I've become so disinterested in this whole debacle. I just want to watch the draft in peace with no labor discussions involved.

Back
Top Bottom