owners voted unanimously to break off talks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

owners voted unanimously to break off talks...

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
including our own wayne huizenga, tough to say who is right and who is wrong here, but such a perfectly balanced league, probably the paradigm of professional sports leagues around the world is in trouble of collapsing because of 4 percentage points. its just sinkin in now, wow this is really intense man.

Well the players are saying no to a 10 Million Dollar raise per team. Without a CBA the salary cap remains around 95 Million instead of 105 Million per team.

But listen to my theory for a sec...

So say Wayne H. did vote to cut off talks ... is this a bad thing for us??

This year we will suffer, but maybe he thinks it is the best for us in the long run. Maybe he wanted the talks to end and a deal not to get done because he knows next year and beyond he has the money to outbid for players. He knows he is one of the top 5 wealthiest owners in the league and that will ultimately help us in the long run.

Does this make since??

I mean, im not thinkin to far into this am I???

What do you think??

stoody24 said:
But listen to my theory for a sec...

So say Wayne H. did vote to cut off talks ... is this a bad thing for us??

This year we will suffer, but maybe he thinks it is the best for us in the long run. Maybe he wanted the talks to end and a deal not to get done because he knows next year and beyond he has the money to outbid for players. He knows he is one of the top 5 wealthiest owners in the league and that will ultimately help us in the long run.

Does this make since??

I mean, im not thinkin to far into this am I???

What do you think??

I don't think so. Every owner voted to break it off, even the poorer ones.

This is simply the owners posturing and making a stand to strengthen their bargaining position.

they all just do what their executive committee (nudge nudge - league law firm) tells them to do. Half of them are probably high on goofballs. I tease.

finman006 said:
including our own wayne huizenga, tough to say who is right and who is wrong here, but such a perfectly balanced league, probably the paradigm of professional sports leagues around the world is in trouble of collapsing because of 4 percentage points. its just sinkin in now, wow this is really intense man.

4% doesn't sound like much but each percentage point is worth $1 billion over the 6 year agreement

The union finally grew a set and aren't push-overs anymore! god bless them!

NFL owners get a free ride and have to do NOTHING to turn a profit. Those days look to be over.

MikeO said:

NFL owners get a free ride and have to do NOTHING to turn a profit. Those days look to be over.

It takes money to make money. None of these guys made the money to become an NFL owner without any effort. And the owners are the ones who made the NFL such a money making machine. The players are employees of the NFL franchises, and they should take what they can get, or find another league to work for.

That's what most hard-working americans do. Find a job, and if they don't want to give you the money you think you deserve, find another job. Are any of these players going to find a job that pays more than the NFL does with $105 mil split between 53 players? I don't think so. I think they should take the deal. If they want owner money, they should start a business, grow it into an empire, make a billion dollars, and buy their own damn team/start their own damn league.

Lemme tell you from being a yankee fan and a knick fan over paying players doesnt work

MikeO said:

God Bless those Unions! They sure ensure prosperity for their members. The UAW & Aviation Mechanics are so well represented. Maybe they'll do such a bang up job looking out for their members, we'll be watching Indian & Pakistani NFL players someday. Wouldn't that be sweet. Apu pitches to Patel...touchdown!!! :sidelol:

an uncapped year is really bad for everyone in the NFL and for everyone who likes/watches the NFL

MikeO said:

They owners never lose.tTheir bottom line will remain the same.Ultimately its the fans who pay.

Question: although the owners have voted to break off talks, what exactly is going on now? Have thay gone home and are just chilling? or are they at least working behind the scenes to possibly salvage this thing?

finmann said:
Question: although the owners have voted to break off talks, what exactly is going on now? Have thay gone home and are just chilling? or are they at least working behind the scenes to possibly salvage this thing?

Wayne is probably here:
clear.gif

The other owners, who knows? Jerry Jones is probably here:
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom