Pace | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pace

There cap situation wasn't that bad last year. They were able to clear a lot by extending a couple of players like Samuels. All the players signed as FAs got very low cap numbers in the 1st yr of the contract. They also released a couple of players after June 1st, like Wilkerson, that cleared up the cap space they needed to sign those players during the season. Also, during the season, most players get a prorated portion of the yearly salary. So as an example, a player making a yearly salary of $800,000, only gets $50,000/week on 53 man roster.

Skins just extended Arrington and really overpaid because his agent knew they needed to start addressing cap concerns. They will be in some serious cap problems in 2005 or 2006

Ok thanx clump i was just curious cuz they always seem to be spending spending spending.

Stan, prior to 2003 they hadn't spent money since the 2000 or 2001 seasons. They didn't really even spend that much money last year.

They can sign these guys now, and have issues 3-4 years from now. As for all the DT's they acquired, they all make sheet.

ok thanx i guess it just seems like they spend alot each year.

Originally posted by Zachspac54
does anyone think we have a shot at any of these players

Orlando Pace
Darrell JAckson
Terrell Owens

Peyton Manning

i really hate Owens but Dahm hes good????

Actually, for the $$ commanded, I would just as soon have Jackson. A little younger and similar #s.
Pace is very intriguing, but I would imagine StL would tag him [same with Manning] and would match anything we'd offer anyway.

Pace is getting to old to pay him what he wants. OL is a short term position for the most part and he is already starting to break down. I hope we don't over pay for him. Jackson drops too many balls, Owens is a Jack@ss, and Manning is never going to be available.

Back
Top Bottom