Packer WR Walker sees no progress | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packer WR Walker sees no progress

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Packers | Walker Sees no Progress - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 04:17:42 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker said in an interview Friday, May 13 he has not seen any progress with his attempt to get a new contract from the team. He said the Packers had not responded to proposals that he and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have submitted for a renegotiated contract. About three months have gone by since Rosenhaus informed the Packers that Walker wanted a new deal, but almost no progress has been made. Walker was asked if he thought the Packers were not budging because his contract had two years left and he replied, "Yes, I'm guessing so." Walker was evasive when asked several times about whether he would attend a voluntary minicamp next month or report for training camp in July. Walker feels like he has established himself as an elite wide receiver and now he wants to be paid like it.

I honestly think things will get resolved with Javon Walker and Green Bay and also bet that things get resolved with TO and Phily as well. Both of these guys just want the best contracts possible, but I honestly doubt either one of them would hold out an entire season (Yes, even TO). My guess is Phily doesn't give in and TO returns... and I'm not as sure about this but I'm going to say Green Bay doesn't give in and Javon gives in as well. They're both making a big deal about it now, but it's offsesaon. I really don't feel that this will carry on into the season. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom