Packers Dolphin Series | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packers Dolphin Series

GBpackers10

Active Roster
Reaction score
I can't believe how much you guys have owned us. I looked it up and you guys have a 10-4 lead on us. Can you say owned. You have bragging rights over my boys that's for sure. We didn't beat you guys once till 1997. I also think you might sweep us if we were in your division.

It's amazing that the Packers followed up Brett Favre with Aaron Rodgers. I am not a big Favre fan by any stretch, certainly a Rodgers admirer though. Both are Hall of Famers but one is CLEARLY better than the other.

I think you'll find a few Dan Marino fans appreciate the way Aaron throws the ball with such precision.

Yes certainly spoiled that's for sure. Colts are the only other team to follow up a great QB with another.

Montana to Young

Favre to Rodgers

Manning to Luck (still great just injury plagued)

Marino to Fiedler hahahaha Hahahaha

Growing up in Wisconsin in the 80s and 90s, it was great having the bragging rights against my friends. If I'm not mistaken, the Packers were 0 - 9 vs the Dolphins until 1997. You've gone 4 -1 against us with Favre and Rodgers at quarterback. We've had crap. Although, Tannehill should have won a few years back, but our coach got "queasy".

Growing up in Wisconsin in the 80s and 90s, it was great having the bragging rights against my friends. If I'm not mistaken, the Packers were 0 - 9 vs the Dolphins until 1997. You've gone 4 -1 against us with Favre and Rodgers at quarterback. We've had crap. Although, Tannehill should have won a few years back, but our coach got "queasy".

So many mistakes in the last 2 minutes of that game. I’m still not entirely convinced Philbin hadn’t wagered money on the Pack winning that game.

I can't believe how much you guys have owned us. I looked it up and you guys have a 10-4 lead on us. Can you say owned. You have bragging rights over my boys that's for sure. We didn't beat you guys once till 1997. I also think you might sweep us if we were in your division.
One of my best friends growing up was a huge / is a huge Pack fan - some of your QBs were better than posterity recalls. Lynn Dickey could air it out. The Magic Man was well, magic, before holding out and losing his job to Favre. But the greatest Pack QB of all - wait for it - had to be Bart Starr. His post season record was so good (9-1; 5 NFL titles) - he was the greatest game manager in history - may still be (Montana and Brady you could argue). Starr won 5 NFL titles (tied w Brady for most) and a career 80.3 QBR in that era (while posting a 105 in 10 career playoff games) is like someone putting up a career 120 now. He was awesome.

Last edited:
So many mistakes in the last 2 minutes of that game. I’m still not entirely convinced Philbin hadn’t wagered money on the Pack winning that game.
The extra timeout when it was 4th and 11, clock running, had just sacked and made Rodgers fumble, Pack scrambling to the line to get one last play off, discombobulated as our pass rushers had hit him on 3 consecutive plays, were smelling blood and Philbin calls timeout - had GB had a TO left they would have called one there. A pop Warner coach doesn’t make that error. Joe Philbin what a loser.

That 2014 game against Green Bay was the most infuriated i have been after a game since i was kid. Cam Wake sacked Rodgers on third down and no timeouts and Philbin called possibly the dumbest timeout i've ever seen.
I had to listen to that final drive in the car, and on the scoring play even the radio commentators were saying “oh no they’ve got Wheeler covering the tight end, that’s not a good idea”. I almost flipped my car. While parked.

I had to listen to that final drive in the car, and on the scoring play even the radio commentators were saying “oh no they’ve got Wheeler covering the tight end, that’s not a good idea”. I almost flipped my car. While parked.
Hahahaha. Mee too. Rose, Cefalo and Griese were bewildered over the timeout after we just dumped Rodgers and forced a fumble. Three consecutive plays we hit him. They yelled out “and GB has taken a TO”! Then Rose I think said “they don’t have any”!

Back
Top Bottom