Packs Fans: Ferguson or Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packs Fans: Ferguson or Chambers

Originally posted by WCoastFin
can you imagine Favre to Chambers!?.....now thats scary!

I prefer the thought of Favre to Madison :D

Originally posted by dolphan39
The 2001 draft caused lots of grief for lots of Dolfans who wanted Drew Brees over Jamar Fletcher (UW), but was there a big uproar last season when you watched another UW star Chris Chambers have a great year when you took Robert Ferguson (not from Wisc) 11 picks ahead of him ?

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/4409802.htm

See that's actually a hard question to answer. On the surface it seems like a no brainer, Chambers. However, Fergusson's biggest problem was that he wasn't given a chance last season. He never really got on the field in game time situations. Chamber by contrast was used right out of the gates and was allowed to develop through experience.

Overall, Ferguson's a little bigger and I think that's why they went his way. We needed a guy with size to fit our offense. Chambers just isn't the type of receiver they were looking for. Right now though, I'm thinking they'd probably reconsider.

Originally posted by phinphan

It shows how long it has been since Troy was in Miami, people don't even remember him being a Phin :lol:

You got that right! My mistake. :hitself:

How has Chambers been with the other aspects of the game like blocking. Ferguson really seems to enjoy that stuff...always seems to have a smile on his face whether he gets the ball or not. He's contributed some on special teams too. Packers have gotten rid of other receivers who lacked effort in other areas besides receiving.

Originally posted by LTPackFan
How has Chambers been with the other aspects of the game like blocking. Ferguson really seems to enjoy that stuff...always seems to have a smile on his face whether he gets the ball or not. He's contributed some on special teams too. Packers have gotten rid of other receivers who lacked effort in other areas besides receiving.

Strangely enough, the Phins best blocking WR was commonly considered to be Dedric Ward, (5-9 190 lbs) until Carter arrived.

Chambers has all the talent in the world, but his techniques in all areas, need refinement. Coming out of Wisconsin, Chambers had a head start with the blocking facet of his game. However, he has yet to dominate at this aspect. I expect that Chris Carter will really help Chambers with blocking, in addition to other technical elements. You mention effort. Well certainly Chambers seems to be one of the hardest workers on the team. That hard work, combined with outstanding talent, and veteran guidence, should produce some very good resuts in the foreseeable future.

So, in answer to your question: Chambers has been fairly solid so far, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Back
Top Bottom